Glowing Golden

Chapter XV: Glowing Golden

"Why are you growling in my face?" I inquired, with a impassive expression. I did notice the eye color change, but I didn't know what it meant. Yet.

"What was that?" Derek asked, with a quizzical look. He looked around, like he was looking for a ghost. "Did you feel that?"

I wanted to ask what he meant, but sourwolf had the same holier-than-thou atitude I recognized from my doppelganger, and all the Bennett witches around. Basically, it meant that anything other people did that didn't suit their morals was 'evil'. The funny thing was that If they did it, it wasn't wrong. I suddenly had a flashback of Elena and her brat of a brother killing thousands of vampires to get to the cure, or the Bennett Witch luring twelve witches, that did end up dead, to get to said cure. 

Derek was like that. Even if the Alpha hadn't killed his sister, it would still have been 'evil' in his eyes. But if something threatened him, or the ones he cared about, he would put them down like dogs. No questions asked. So yeah, I didn't feel like explaining I used the darkest- no, the blackest- magic there is in the world to safe his sorry ass.

"I have no idea, I didn't feel anything." I replied, rolling my eyes slowly. He continued to stare at me, and his eyes glowing again. Not icy blue, but golden.

"I have a question." I said, trying to kill the silence. At the same time I started wrapping the wound in my hand. "Is there any meaning to the color the eyes of a werewolf?"

He stared at me with a searching look, most probably wondering where that question had come from. "Yes." He replied quietly. "Red eyes for the alpha, golden eyes for the beta."

"And the blue?" I asked, and his only reaction was to flinch at my inquiry. 

"The blue..." He started, looking down at his hand with a grimace shadowing his face. "A werewolf's eyes change from gold to blue after killing an innocent."

I blinked. That wasn't what I was expecting. So he had killed someone, someone innocent. If the pain in his eyes told me something, it was that he regretted it. I wanted to ask many things. Who, Why, When? But instead I focused on the problem at hand. 

"So, can blue return to gold?" I inquired, giving him stolid look.

"No, It's impossible." Derek answered, sighing. "It leaves a mark in your soul that can never be cleaned."

"Is that so?" I asked, half-smiling at him. Would you look at that, I had been a magic user for a few days and I was already making the impossible well, possible.

"Yes." He said with vacant eyes.

"Well, then I suppose I did the impossible." I said, smirking at his stunned face. "Because you darling, are glowing golden."

I had never seen him move with such speed, If i didn't know better I would have confused him with a vampire running at full speed. He got up and ran towards the mirror in the hall, before growling at his reflection and letting his wolf out to play. 

 I almost let out a laugh when I saw how he looked. The gold eyed man was staring at his reflection with wide eyes, raised eyebrows and with a slack hawed mouth. I could even hear his shallow, rapid breathing from where I was standing. 

"Impossible." He murmured, still looking at the mirror with a awed expression in his face.

"I'm just that awesome." I informed, giving him a flirty wink and a smirk. 

"What did you do?" He asked, now turned towards me with a small frown. "This shouldn't be possible."

"You want the truth?" I inquired, giving him a tight-lipped smile.  

"Yes." He said, no, demanded. 

"I have no idea." I said with a deadpan expression on my face. "The spell I used was a healing spell, I have no idea why it affected you on such a deep level. I'll have to wait for Liliya to come home and check it out. I'm a noob at this witchy stuff, you should be thanking the Gods I was even able to do that spell because if I hadn't you would probably be a corpse rotting in my leaving room by now."

The hard truth. I was wondering I shouldn't have just taken him to the hospital or something. I had a bad feeling about this spell since I read that bit about the blood changing 'the nature of the spell'. And while my doppelganger blood could have been the cause of this, I wasn't sure it really was. Maybe it was the spell itself, or maybe it was because Derek was a werewolf. I really didn't freaking know. Where's Liliya when you her? 

He opened his mouth to say something when his cellphone rang. He accepted the call, but his eyes didn't leave mine. 

"Yes." He growled out.

"Why hello sourwolf, aren't we in a great mood pumpkin?"  I was near enough to recognize Liliya voice so, with almost supernatural speed, I grabbed the phone from Derek's hand at let out a hiss.

"Where the fuck are you Liliya Karkelova?" 

"My, my, my Kitty-Kat what are you doing with sourwolf?" Her voice almost sang from the other side of the line. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Where are you?" I grunted out once again.

"In the police station, I just gave them my statement." The teenager replied, and I could feel her rolling her eyes at me. 

"What statement? What the hell happened?" I inquired, looking at Derek with frown. 

"Well I was with Lyd, Jackass and Allison when she got a text from Scott telling her to met him at the school." The witch informed me, and my frown darkened. "Apparently the Alpha sent that text, to lure us in. From what I could understand from Stiles and Scott's not so secret conversations the Alpha wanted Scott to kill us and join him- he wanted Scotty to be his new bff because he wanted company on his killing sprees."

"Are you ok?" I asked, somewhat worried. This was something new, feeling worried. I'm not sure how to feel about it either ... well, I'll think about it later. 

"Not a scratch on me." Liliya informed me, in a happy tone. "But that's not why I called Derek, I just wanted to say that the cops are hunting him down."

"Why?" The werewolf growled out, using his supernatural hearing to hear what the witch was saying. Yes Derek, make me jealous with your supernatural hearing it's not like I'm not missing the perks of being one of the undead. 

"Well..." Liliya started slowly, and I could feel her anxiety through the phone. "Scott declared that you are a complete homicidal psycho and now the cops are man-hunting you."

I could see the incredulous look on Derek face and, before he could even growl out in anger, Liliya continued rapidly, before ending the call. "Oh well, good luck with that ... although I would like to point out that It was all Scott. I'll be home in thirty minutes, bye Cat."

By the point Liliya mentioned Scott, Derek was already looking like wolf-man and growling out like a rabid dog. I didn't even get to say anything before he was out the door, probably hunting down a certain teen-wolf and handing his ass back to him.

I let out a sigh and looked back to the old book that was still laying on the floor. I definitely needed to know what that spell did, because a minute ago I felt anger.

The only problem was that it did not belong to me, I had no reason to be angry. 

However, Derek did and If my feeling was right something had definitely gone wrong with that little healing spell. 

Curse you Elena Gilbert, this is all your fault !