Epilogue

"Do you want to make dinner or just order in?" Louis asks, sticking his head out of the bathroom.

He walks across the room to crawl back into bed with Harry. His cheeks are still flushed pink and his hair is a mess from Harry eating him out not even ten minutes before. It had been good, like it always is. He'd even let Harry fuck him afterwards, when he was sensitive enough for it to make him cry just a little.

"Order in," Harry replies immediately.

Louis doesn't look surprised at all. He very well knows that Harry turns into a lazy mess after sex.

Harry kisses him just so Louis doesn't see the way his eyes get a little wet. It hits Harry suddenly sometimes, the way that Louis trusts him enough to have sex with him. It's been over a year since the first time and Harry thinks that he'll never get used to it. Having the privilege to know every part of Louis and knowing Louis knows every part of him- it's amazing.

Louis smirks when they pull apart like Harry wasn't quite fast enough to distract him.

"What do you want? I'll call it in," Louis says, sitting up, "Greasy or spicy?"

"Greasy. Pizza or Chinese, you pick," Harry mumbles, rolling onto his side to press a kiss to Louis' hip.

"Pizza. We had Chinese last week," Louis says, "Suppose we should put some clothes on so the delivery man doesn't get an eyeful like last time."

Harry grins.

"I didn't hear the doorbell ring!" he protests.

"Bullshit, you fucking exhibitionist," Louis says, but he looks a little too fond for it to carry any bite, "At least put some pants on."

"You love when I don't put on any pants," Harry says, grinning.

Louis rolls his eyes and doesn't bother replying, getting out of bed to pull on a pair of discarded joggers and starts to throw socks at Harry until he gets up too.

"Think my phone's downstairs," Louis mutters, looking around the room, "I'll be back."

He starts to leave.

"Wait, Lou," Harry says.

He means to tell Louis that he can just use his phone- he really does- but when Louis turns around his mouth goes dry.

It might be about the little smile on Louis' face or the way the shadows in the hallway accentuate the lovebites on his throat or even the way his hair falls in front of his eyes and the way he flicks his head to fix it, but it's- it's something that makes Harry do it.

He blurts it out before he even realizes what he's saying. It tumbles out of his mouth, slipping past his lips before he can think about stopping it. Later, he thinks to himself that he probably wouldn't have stopped even if he could have.

Louis freezes and his smile vanishes.

"What?" he asks, eyes wide.

"I said, will you marry me?" Harry repeats, just as stunned.

It's not like he hasn't been thinking about it for the entire time they've been dating, marrying Louis- he's been entertaining the idea ever since they met. He's just been thinking about it a lot more recently and there's a set date in a few weeks when he and Gemma were planning on going ring shopping with Lottie. He hadn't decided how he was going to do it, or even when, really, but he'd at least wanted a ring for the occasion. Even actually knowing that he was going to do it would have been nice. But he's gone and blurted it out for no real reason and there's no turning back.