Chapter 8: Bridget.

A flurry of rain was pattering against the window shell of my gigantic room. The absence of moon led to a dark and gloomy night, the stars were hidden under the clouds blocking their sight from the people of Madrid. Silence surrounded me from all directions letting disconsolate feeling grow upon me, except the pattering sounds of heavy rain. Silence is an unpleasant term of English dictionary. A strike in that unpleasantry would cause a thousand mile heart beat.

Thunder roared in the night sky resulting my jump on the bed. My forehead was sweating as an after effect of the thunder. My hands clutched the sheets as a reflex responding to the stimulus caused by the thunder. If Sofia or Bridget is frightened of something that would definitely be thunders. Another thunder roared in the night sky making my hold over the sheets tighter. These times all the possible negative thoughts invaded my mind- thief, kidnapper, murderer or worse a ghost. I cursed myself for watching conjuring a while ago.

When the third thunder stroke, the light started blinking and flicked off resulting in an eruption of scream from my throat.

"Arghh..." I screamed as soon as the darkness blinded my vision of sight. My heart was thumping in my chest due to my over fondness towards darkness. My ears practically could hear their body's own heartbeat in the calm surrounding.

My hands frantically searched for people's favorite device, mobile.

Using mobile, I can have a source of light at least. Mobile, where the hell are you?

In the middle of the hopes of finding my mobile, the lights flicked back on. My hands immediately landed on the location of my heart and a sigh of relief left my lips when the lights returned. I searched for the phone on my bed, in case the lights decide to turn off again.

"There you are," I mumbled to myself and crawled towards to another end of the bed where my phone was relaxing peacefully.

A smile of relief took over my features interrupted by a sound resonated in the room. A slow door opening sound to be exact. Immediately my ears perked up, my grip on the phone became tighter and breath hitched in my throat. I turned my head in the direction of the sound at a slow pace, droplets of sweat glistened my forehead and my posture was stiff with alertness. Even at such a low temperature, sweat managed to form on my body. I was shit scared. Do ghosts really exist?

When I finally managed to turn around, a foolish look mirrored my features. Should I silently laugh at myself or chide myself for being foolish. It was just Ethan who was making his way towards my bed yawning and rubbing his eyes for a clear sight.

"Momma, I no sleep in my room. Thunders disturb." He raised his hands once he reached my bed indicating me to pick him up.

I took hold of his small yet heavy body and placed him softly beside me. I pushed back the hair on his forehead and placed a feather kiss on his forehead.

"Sleep, momma is here," I whispered softly and let go of him.

"You couldn't sleep, could you?" a feminine voice entered the room causing my head snap towards its direction.

"Oh Valery, you scared the shit out of me. And the answer for your question is no." She chuckled and strolled towards me yawning in her way. She was wearing a white nightgown which was tinted with black polka dots on it. She brushed a strand of hair to the side which escaped out of her hair bun.

"Still thinking how to face Samuel?" she asked instantly grabbing my attention.

"How do you know?" I asked my eyes going wide.

"Your expression and restlessness say it all silly."

"By the way, what are you doing here instead of sleeping in your room?" I asked with a quizzical expression.