Chapter 24:

"Hey." I looked up to see Phillipe in the doorway of my hotel room.

"Where's Ethan?"

"Actually, all us boys were at pool. And he is too. Just now, maid Valery and maid Ivanna joined."

I glared at him instantly when he particularly referred them as maids. I didn't like it, not a bit. I was so used to the idea that they were my friends now that if someone specifically points them out as maids, it just irked me.

"I know you are mad at me for calling them maids, but you need to accept the reality and put them at a distance. They can be your friends but by profession they are maids." He strolled towards me and sat beside me.

I pondered on his words. He was right that they were maids but still...

I jerked suddenly when he put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. "I know what you are thinking about. But just, don't let them interfere into your life to a far extent. You know that you cannot trust anyone from your surroundings, except you. Put them at distance, make some decisions of your own, stop dragging them into all your life matters."

Now that he framed his sentence in that way, even I was feeling that I let them intrude in my life much more than I should. Every decision I made, every action I made, I made it with a discussion with them and taking some advice or a help. In future, my parents expected me to be a Queen and a Queen never depends upon others. I should make decisions independently and privately.

I nodded. "You are right, brother. I let them into my life very much and the lines should be drawn somewhere. And thanks for booking them the suites you have booked for us. I know that in other circumstances you wouldn't have booked the rooms for them which are as good as ours."

"I'm a proud brother, you know." I studied his brown orbs for that moment. They held love, kindness and an emotion which could ease others worries. This was the second time that I had got the chance to understand his leadership skills. He was a born leader and I wondered for a second if my parents made a right decision to announce me as a Queen. I have to make this decision fast.

"So now that everything is set, shall we go down? Pack your swimming clothes." He started to get up but I grabbed his hand on time to stop him from getting up.

"What happened Sofia?" he asked with full of concern. Since we recorded Alice's video, I had a nagging feeling that didn't let me concentrate on anything except for sitting blankly. All my concern was for Ethan, that was the main reason as to why I demanded Ivanna to being Ethan to my room as soon as possible.

"I want to ask you something, brother. Will you mind?"

"Are you kidding, Sofia? Why will I mind. I know we didn't grow up as cousins from our childhood but the past month was enough for me to accept you as my sister. And without a doubt I'll be spending my life with you to make up for the twenty six years." I hugged him tight. It felt so wonderful to be in his arms. They were protective, giving me a sense of security and warmth. I cursed the person, whoever was responsible for my kidnap all those twenty six years back.

He gently patted my back and involuntarily a tear slipped out of my eyes. Once I released him, he asked, "What do you want to know?"

"I...I.." I stammered unable to understand how to talk to him about Samuel. The name itself ignites anger in him.

"Who is it about?"

"Samuel," I muttered in a small voice but I knew well that he had heard me. I could say that from his jaw hardening and fist clenching.

"What about that dog?" I slapped his bag when he called him dog.

"Ouch, what did I do?"

"Don't call him a dog!"