Chapter 20:

"At least she is better than you!"

"She is better than me? Wow! Even after knowing that she is the reason you don't have a family?" I slow clap in mockery. The person standing in front of me was just unbelievable till sun and back to earth. Would it hurt if I punched him?

"I wouldn't have had a family with a whore like you anyway!" Those words flowed out of his mouth so smoothly that I was shocked for a moment that he did not shutter while saying THE word. Alice had explained him the truth earlier today, wasn't that? If she did, why would he degrade me in such manner?

"What did Alice say about lying to you?" I asked, to know the truth and the game she began again.

"Why does that matter?"

In rage, I stepped forward and grabbed his collar bringing us face to face. My harsh breath fanned his face as did his to mine. "What did she say?" The tone I used was unbelievably doubtful for me too if it was from me or not. Chills ran down my own spine at the steel and demanding voice I mustered. I guess the Princessa lessons were paying off.

"That she shouldn't have judged you. That she shouldn't have assumed the baby was not mine. But she is sorry for that and that's enough. She accepted her mistake and further more did not extend her lies in denial, unlike some people do." The last words were meant to strike me, and they did. The blindfold and spell she had cast on him, made him a despicable fool for me. The lies she had coated the truth with, would withdraw someday and hit her back on her face.

"She did not say the whole truth, did she? How will she? After all, she is a lying bitch." How mindless was for me to assume that she would spill out the truth.

I make many false assumptions and mistakes as well, don't I? That's the reason I am here.

"So...She is still hiding the truth from you. How can you let her fool you? tsk. tsk." I looked at him with pity and did not step back to show how much I pitied him.

"She doesn't lie."

"Ah...you've got it wrong there. You called me a whore, isn't it? But darling, she is the real whore. She snatched my husband away and not me." The words just came out in a way the queen bee in a high school talks. I never thought I had this capability resting in me peacefully, until Samuel dragged it out. Thanks anyway, I needed a little bitch-iness.

"Don't call her that!" His hard voice would jerk an ice bar but not me. His veins were more visible due to anger and his eyes turned a dangerous shade of stormy gray.

If it was 6 years back, I would've calmed him down with a feather touch from me. But now, I was waiting for my hard fist to smack his lovely face. So much trust is not good for health, as said by doctors.

"What do you call a whore other than that? Let me think," I internally frown at my out of the manner behavior before shouting, "Yes, a slut."

"One more time and it won't be good," he warned, which I had to mention, did not originate a speck of fear in my body. I was still standing with my chin thrusted up, shoulders squared and an evil smile gracing my lips, "Slut, slut, slut.."

"Enough!" His voice boomed. The swiveling wind resulted in a rustle sound from the trees around us, though there weren't many, just adding a movie effect.

"Slut." I smirked at my own words. What could he do? Possibly yell a one or two profanities. But, by the end, he would fail to gain the argument.

But he did the least I had expected. He took a long strand towards me and swung his hand in the air. In the motion where he tried to hit me, I froze in the spot, unable to digest the fact that he could, indeed, raise his hand. I waited for the burning of any body part and a deafening cry of sound from me, but none happened.