7. Endless Night

7. Endless Night (From "The Lion King")

Where has the starlight gone, dark is the day, how can I find my way home?

.

Louis sat on the couch for a good while longer after Harry had left to go to bed, his head in his hands as he thought. Eventually, he lied down on the couch and let his eyes close as he tried to hush the words running through his mind.

What he said was true, he would never leave Harry to try and find his parents, but at the same time, Harry wasn't going to fill the space inside him where family should be.

Harry was his whole entire world, and they were going to make a family, but it wasn't quite the same.

He supposed he should try and get over it, just forget all about it and enjoy his life with Harry, but somehow, he knew that wasn't going to be easy.

The next thing he knew, he had fallen into a deep sleep, curled up on the couch as he dreamt of what he and Harry's beautiful family would look like, when all of a sudden he heard a noise.

It made him jump awake, eyes flying open as he looked around the dark room, trying to figure out what it was.

There was a sort of crashing sound, and then hushed "oops" and at first thought, Louis thought it might have been Harry in the kitchen, getting a drink or something, but it didn't sound quite right. After living with his boyfriend for 5 years, he knew what it sounded like when he moved about the apartment. And that wasn't it.

So Louis shakily stood up, eyes wide as he tried to be silent, sneaking towards the sound. In his state, he didn't notice the living room window open, curtains fluttering in the breeze.

He slowly made his way to the kitchen, pushing the door open to reveal an empty room. Louis frowned, he knew he'd heard something, he knew he wasn't going crazy.

Louis stepped further in, grabbing the frying pan from the bench as he did, searching the room for an intruder.

"Well, this is interesting."

Louis spun around with the pan, holding it out for protection as he tried to find the voice in the room.

And sure enough, sitting on the kitchen bench with his legs crossed and a notebook in his hands, was a boy.

"What the fuck!" Louis hissed, trying to be quiet so he didn't wake and alarm Harry who he assumed was still in the bedroom. "Who the hell are you?"

The boy, dressed in an outfit made of leaves and vines, laughed, still reading something from the book in his hands.

"So you do remember?" He asked with a grin, only confusing Louis more.

"Who are you," Louis retorted, still holding the frying pan in front of his body. "And why are you in my apartment?"

"I like this story." The boy announced, turning the page as he continued to read. "Although you haven't written about me very well."

"What the fuck-" Louis began, shaking his head as he realised that the notebook was the one he and Harry had written as teenagers: The Many Adventures of Harry and Louis in Neverland. "What are you doing in my home!?"

"Calm down, Louis." The boy laughed, putting the notebook down before jumping off the counter.

"How the fuck do you know my name?" Louis said through gritted teeth, raising the frying pan above his head.

"I know you, Louis." The boy said with a smile. "And Harry. Actually, I'm the whole reason you two met, so your really should be thanking me."

"Explain. Now." Louis demanded. "I'm losing my patience and you're an intruder."