14. I'll Try

14. I'll Try (From "Peter Pan II: Return To Neverland")

Cause I try, but it's so hard to believe, I try, but I can't see what you see

.

"My, my, my, how you've grown."

Harry's eyes darted around the room, trying to note any possible way this boy had broken into his apartment

"W-What the-" Harry frowned, stepping backwards again as he tried to remain calm. "Who are you? And what the hell are you doing in my flat?"

The boy had his hands on his hips, and a grin on his face as he stood there, staring at Harry with excitement in his eyes. While Harry stood there looking as terrified as ever, his hands nonchalantly protecting his non-existent baby bump.

"It's good to see you again." He continued. "We've missed you."

"W-What?" Harry breathed, his frown deepening. "Answer my question!"

"Harry, I know you're not going to believe a word that comes out of my mouth," He began. "But you need to try."

"How do you know my name?" Harry asked, taking another shaky step backwards. "Get out of my flat."

"You need to listen to me." Pan began.

"Lou-" Harry began, instinctually calling out for his boyfriend to come protect him, but stopped when he realised that Louis wasn't there anymore. "I-I need you to leave. I don't- I don't know who you are-"

"You do." The boy said, lifting himself into the air to fly over the couch and land in front of Harry, only an arms length away.

"I don't!" Harry exclaimed, stepping back as he watched the boy's display in horror, thinking his eyes must be playing tricks on him, because no, that boy did not just fly. "You're some confused boy, a kid, I don't know you. I don't!"

"It's me, Peter." Pan continued. "Peter Pan. You need to come with me, Harry. We need your help."

"What are you on about?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed as he felt tears welling in his eyes, the confusion making him overemotional.

"I'm from Neverland." The blonde boy pressed. "Remember the notebook that you and Louis wrote? It's all true. It's where you met, where you fell in love."

"No." Harry shook his head. "That's impossible. Louis-"

"Louis sent me. I know the two of you quite well, you have to believe me." The boy told him, as he began to look more and more grave.

"He-He- Louis?" Harry stammered, his mind reeling with possible explanations. Nothing made any sense, but somehow, it did. Harry didn't know what to believe, but there was something about Neverland and Peter Pan that seemed... familiar. But that still didn't explain the random kid in his flat.

"The island is in trouble. We needed him, so I came to him the other night. And now we need you." Pan continued. "We haven't got much time, and I promise I'll explain everything later, but you need to come with me. Louis' waiting."

"Louis' waiting for me?" Harry asked, raising one eyebrow, before shaking his head. "That's impossible. You're probably just kid whose probably trying to steal from me. What do you think you're doing breaking into my flat? I'll call the police!"

Harry's voice was getting higher and higher as he got more hysterical.

"The police won't be able to do anything, Harry." Pan continued, lifting himself into the air so he was hovering above the couch.

"I-I-" Harry trailed off, his jaw going slack.

"Harry, please." Pan begged, taking his hand. "The more time we waste here, the sicker the island gets. Louis could be next, for all I know."

"Louis could be next for what?" Harry asked, yanking his hand back. "What are you talking about?"

"The island is making people sick, seemingly at random." Pan explained. "Lost Boys are falling ill, and Louis could be next."

Harry watched him for a moment, searching his eyes. He liked to think he was a good judge of character, and as he stared at the blonde in his living room, he didn't think he was lying. Pan, or whoever the child who'd broken in was, seemed to be telling the truth.

"O-Okay," Harry frowned. "So if you're really from Neverland, and you took Louis away with you, then you would have been with him when he left me a note. What did he call me? The nickname he wrote at the top of the page, what was it?"

Pan smiled sadly, before answering the question, staring at Harry who had crossed his arms. If he got it right, Harry knew he was telling the truth. If he was being honest, it all seemed a little far fetched, but it was all he had. No where else had given him any sign of Louis, and here was this dirty, homeless-looking boy who was telling him that he knew exactly where he was.

"H." Pan said. "He called you H. He said he would be back soon, because he didn't believe me either. He thought he would walk me to the police station or to a house around here somewhere. He never thought he would take my hand and we'd fly off towards the stars."

Harry's jaw was slack, staring at the boy. He didn't know what to expect, asking that question, but every word that Pan had said seemed to make perfect sense.

"Oh my God." Harry breathed, wiping at his eyes. "Oh my God."

"I'm sorry, but you need to come with me-"

"Why us?" Harry choked, wiping at his eyes. "Why did you need to take him from me? Why did you have to come here and ruin our perfect lives? Everything was going fine!"

"Harry, calm down." Pan placed a hand on his shoulder, and oddly, Harry did feel a little calmer. "I'm sorry, I really am. But I need you in Neverland. Louis needs you."

Harry bit his lip, frowning, but soon realised that it really was all he had. And there was something about what Pan was saying, that really did seem true.

"Alright, fine." Harry resigned. "Just take me to him."

"Okay." Pan smiled, taking Harry's hand.

With that, the two of them walked to the window, where Harry was sure he would wake up from his dream, but instead, he lifted into the air.

And that was where it all began.

.

.

.

that was so short omfg, I'm sorry.

next chapter will be better, promise! x

thoughts?

comments?

opinons?