17. Little Patch Of Heaven

17. Little Patch Of Heaven (From "Home on the Range")

Darling, I swear, once you've been there, there ain't a view beneath the view that could ever compare, the only thing missing is you as my guest.

.

Harry couldn't concentrate. Louis arms were wrapped around his body, and really, that was the only thing coursing through his brain.

"Here, love." Louis whispered in his ear as he ran his hands down Harry's long arms and then placed his hands over Harry's too.

Harry took a shaky breath. Over their years being together, Harry had grown taller than Louis, but that didn't change the way Louis was able to dominate him, having a power over the younger boy like no other. Harry was putty in Louis' hands, and the smaller boy knew it.

Louis smirked as he subtly pressed his front up against Harry's back, giving his hands a quick, supportive squeeze.

"There, now go." Louis whispered, his hot breath on Harry's ear making the younger boy shake a little, sending his arrow off into the forest rather than at the target.

"Sorry, God, I'm so bad at this," Harry rushed out, his face turning a light shade of pink as he turned around and Louis reluctantly let him go. "We should stop before I waste any more arrows."

He lowered his bow and looked at the ground, his shoulders sinking and more than anything, Louis wanted to shoo all his doubts away with a kiss. But it wasn't quite the time for that.

"Harry, it's okay," Louis said lightly as he smiled at his taller lover and gingerly rested a hand on his shoulder, before letting it fall back to his side. "Shooting isn't everyone's thing. Remember how hard it was for you the first time?"

Harry nodded sheepishly.

"Yeah," Harry's face screwed up in confusion as he scratched the back of his neck. "I don't really understand this memory thing. Like, they come in flashbacks at the weirdest times."

"You've had other memories?" Louis asked, his eyes going wide as Harry nodded and put the bow down so he could run his hands through his hair.

"I remember Pan coming to get me now. I remember standing in my bedroom at 17-years-old, thinking it was all a dream." Harry admitted. "I remember my first night here. With you and Zayn and Niall and Liam."

"Oh." Louis answered, breaking their eye contact. He was honestly a little disappointed that he hadn't remembered something about the two of them. They had shared so much on the island the first time, he thought maybe Harry would have recalled any one of their special moments over a dinner with their friends.

"I remember you helping me shoot, too." Harry added. "I remember how great you were, telling me how I was supposed to do it and stuff. Even though I'm hopeless."

Louis blushed and smiled as he stepped forward and pushed Harry's hair from his face while the younger boy rubbed his belly.

"You're not hopeless." Louis chuckled, keeping his hand on Harry's cheek. It was like electricity when their skin touched. After 5 years, they still had that effect on each other, and it was amazing. Harry's eyes lit up a little at the familiar feeling, and it didn't go unnoticed by the other boy.

"I am a bit." Harry giggled, and Louis shook his head as he let his hands fall to Harry's shoulder, and then down his arm to his hands, where he carefully played with Harry's fingers, unsure whether or not to take his hand.

"C'mon, curly." Louis grinned, gently pulling the younger boy forward. "I want to show you something."

Harry smiled back, letting Louis pull him for a second before they detached hands and the two of them began walking away from the training area.