12. I Wanna Be Like You

12. I Wanna Be Like You (From "The Jungle Book")

I wanna be like you, walk like you, talk like you too

.

"So you read it?"

Louis kept his eyes on the target in the centre of the tree as he let another arrow fly, this one hitting the edge. Zayn and he were practising shooting arrows, seeing as though it had been a good five years since Louis had shot one.

Louis had been tiptoeing around the subject since he gave the notebook to Zayn, but now he was ready to know if the stories he and Harry wrote did, indeed, happen.

"The notebook?" Zayn asked from his position in the grass, lounging back and eating fruit while he watched Louis fetch the arrow. "Yeah, I tolf you I had."

He pulled it out of their bag, knowing Louis would have brought it with them, and let it fall onto the blanket he was sitting on.

Louis kept his eyes on the ground, walking back over to Zayn before flopping onto the blanket next to him.

"Yeah, I was just, uh," he tried to find the words, covering his eyes with a hand as he layed on the blanket. "What did you think, of it all? I know you said it was real, but like, do you think it's enough for Harry to want to come here too? I really want him here and-"

"Love's made you weak, Tommo." Zayn laughed, only laughing harder when Louis kicked him. "Kidding, kidding. It was a good read. You two are adorable, still."

"Fuck off," Louis laughed. "I'm being serious."

"So am I," Zayn chuckled. "You guys were sickly sweet when you were here, you managed to perfectly capture that in writing."

"Shut up." Louis laughed along.

After a few moments of nothing, just the two of them sitting in the quiet, munching on fruit and taking in the fresh air, Zayn spoke.

"Those stories you wrote all happened," Zayn broke the silence. "Didn't know about the parts when you two were alone, but yeah, the parts that I was there for, all completely real."

"Good," Louis breathed, sitting up as he crossed his legs and looked at the ground. "I was hoping they did. It sounded like Harry and I were really happy here."

"You were." Zayn told him. "Very happy. You still good back in big old London?"

Louis let out a long breath. He really was from Neverland, and so was Harry at some point. He had to admit, he really liked the island, and it did feel an awful lot like maybe, a sort of... home? He wasn't sure.

Home was where Harry was, always, but Neverland felt different, and now he knew it was because he really was from there. The island was great, but he still needed his Harry.

Louis sighed. Harry.

"Yeah," Louis nodded, a small smile on his lips. "Very happy, I was going to ask him to marry me. And we were trying for a baby."

"No way!" Zayn clapped his shoulder. "Congrats man!"

"Thanks." Louis chuckled.

Harry was his entire world, and the fact that he wasn't his fiancé yet hurt his heart. He'd thought of everything, the ring, the location, the time, but now he was in another goddamned world- And he just needed his Harry with him before he went insane.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" Zayn asked with a sly smirk, and Louis rolled his eyes.

"I'm always thinking about him," Louis retorted, punching his arm lightly. "It's part of being in love, Z."