23. Poor Unfortunate Souls

23. Poor Unfortunate Souls (From "The Little Mermaid")

Poor unfortunate souls, in pain, in need...

.

Night time was Louis' favourite time.

Everything was quiet and still. He thought it was peaceful, a time where he could think clearly and relax.

As he lay beside Harry in bed, he kept one hand stroking his boyfriend's hair, and the other resting behind his own head as he listened to the sounds of the night with his eyes closed.

It all seemed so odd, that night. There was an uneasy feeling, he thought. Something didn't seem right.

He tried to brush the feeling aside, and instead focused his thoughts on Harry and how on earth they would be able to defeat the pirates in time to get home before Harry had the baby. The last thing he wanted, was for Harry to give birth in Neverland. Their family, and their lives, were at home in England. They needed to set up the nursery, make sure they found the right hospital and the doctor had a good team to deliver their child. Nothing could go wrong, or Louis would freak out.

He sighed, so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear what was going on outside the room, at first. But as soon as it happened a second time, his eyes grew wide.

The first thing Louis noticed was exactly how dark it was in their room. It was still night time, the sun wasn't up, but it seemed as if it had gotten impossibly darker, so much so that he could hardly see the other side of the room. He reached to the table beside Harry's hospital bed for an oil lamp to turn on. After fiddling for a moment, he found the switch, and woke up his boyfriend at the same time.

"Wha-" Harry begun, but was shushed by Louis placing a hand over his mouth. He was listening carefully, trying to hear the noise again.

It was quiet, but it was there. He strained to hear it exactly, but it was becoming louder and louder with every second.

Voices. Yelling. Screams in the night.

"What's going on?" Harry whispered as Louis got up and peered out the window carved in the tree.

He didn't answer for a moment, he only watched. Lost Boys and girls were jumping out of their rooms, strapping armour and swords to their body as they ran. Louis didn't know where to, but it all seemed very chaotic.

There were thumps all around them, almost like cannons being fired at their camp, then it clicked in Louis' mind.

This was it. The pirates, Hook, had finally decided to attack. It was time. The final battle.

"Shit." He hissed rushing back to put the lamp on the table before he ran to his things in the corner of the room and started getting dressed. "Harry, I need you to hide."

"What?" Harry asked. "What do you mean? What's happening?"

"It's the attack." Louis said, his eyes begging Harry to understand. "The pirates are here, they're attacking the camp. This is it Harry."
"Then we'd better get to the weapons-" Harry stuttered as he climbed out of bed, all of a sudden very awake, and very scared. "We need to help-"

"Harry please," Louis stopped his, grabbing both his shoulders. "Please, hide. Don't fight."

"I have to help!" He argued, but his boyfriend wasn't listening.

"Its too dangerous!" Louis cut him off again. "I can't have you getting hurt, either of you."

Louis started into Harry's eyes, begging for him to understand as he gave him his special look, one he knew Harry would recognise, as he hoped it would convince Harry to hide.