22. Candle on the Water

22. Candle on the Water (From "Pete's Dragon")

I'll be your candle on the water, my love for you will always burn

.

"You're telling me there's pirates?"

Liam nodded as he stared back across the table at Pan. Louis ground his teeth and kept his head down. A meeting wasn't the way to solve the situation, he thought. He wanted to be out there, helping. His blue eyes lifted from the table to watch as Peter Pan nodded along with Liam's words.

They were sat in his office loft, as the leader of the Lost Boys received a recap from what he'd missed while he was away. There were a few of them there, though Louis thought most of them were unnecessary.

"Oh my," Pan breathed. "And they're ready?"

"They could be coming for us right now," Liam said. "Zayn and I were captured by them for a couple of hours before we escaped, so they definitely know we're here."

"We have to act soon." Tink sighed from her tiny chair on the edge of the table. "If they're attacking our boys, then they're obviously ready."

Louis rolled his eyes. Honestly, he thought, this was pointless.

"This battle is going to start whether we're ready or not." Louis piped up. "It's not like we have a choice. They're going to attack when they want to."

The other boys all looked at him for the first time that afternoon. Pan gave him a stern look, before he resumed the conversation with Liam.

Louis closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them and resumed picking at the fabric of the tablecloth impatiently.

Harry was going to wake up any second, he knew it, and Louis had promised himself that his boyfriend wasn't going to wake up alone. He needed to be by his side.

He found his mind wandering to the first time he'd brought Harry up there, to Pan's private quarters, where they'd kissed for the first time.

.

"What is this place?" Harry asked and Louis turned to him, smiling.

"It's Pan's room." He said and Harry's face fell.

"Louis, what!" He exclaimed. "We can't be up here!"

"Oh my God, Haz." Louis laughed, slapping his chest. "Don't get your panties in a twist, he'll never know."

"But-" Harry tried but Louis leaned forward and covered his mouth with a hand to stop him.

"Seriously, don't worry." Louis laughed, trying not to let himself look at Harry's lips. "I've come up here before. It's fine."

Louis took his hand away and Harry nodded. The older boy turned to walk towards the balcony.

"He only ever comes up here to sleep, anyway." Louis said over his shoulder as Harry followed him outside. "Come sit here."

Louis went over to the edge of the balcony and sat down, letting his legs hang over the end as he leant back on his hands.

Harry sat beside him, their legs against each other's and he swore he felt sparks when they touched.

"It's really nice up here." Harry commented, as he looked at Louis' illuminated face in the golden sunlight.

He truly was beautiful, Harry thought to himself. And more than anything, he wanted that boy to be all his.