21. Be Prepared

21. Be Prepared (From "The Lion King")

So prepare for the coup of the century, be prepared for the murkiest scam

.

When Louis woke with a start for the fourth time that night, he knew he wasn't going to get much more sleep. He rubbed his eyes and glanced around the dimly lit room, the beginnings of the morning sun filtering through the small window in the infirmary.

He yawned and his eyes landed on Harry in the bed in front of him, and all he could think about was how it was all too familiar.

Harry had already been through so much on the island last time, when he was kidnapped and hurt and had to be rescued. It made Louis' blood boil to think of his boyfriend going through all of that again. So he resolved to make sure that once they were out of their current predicament, that he would always do everything to protect his boy. They were never coming back to the island again, and would never be in danger again. His heart simply couldn't take it, especially with a baby on the way.

He gripped Harry's hand and kissed his knuckles before placing his hand down on the bed and standing up. He ran a hand through his hair, and then over his face where he felt stubble on his chin. He was a mess, and he was sure he looked it.

So with one last look at the still room, he left to get himself cleaned up a little, maybe he'd grab a bite to eat before heading back to Harry's healing room where he was waiting for the boy to wake up.

.

"Louis," Liam called out as he jogged across a large open space in the middle of the campsite, trying to catch up with him. "Louis!"

Louis didn't stop, he just kept walking, adjusting Harry in his arms as he stared ahead, his tears blurring his vision.

Then, he felt Liam put a hand on his shoulder.

"Louis," Liam repeated as they walked side by side. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Peachy." Louis answered through gritted teeth as a tear rolled down his cheek and fell into Harry's face. "Just peachy."

"Tink is at the hospital wing already." Liam continued carefully, not wanting to question him when he was in this mood. "She's setting up everything she needs so that she can start straight away."

"Okay." Louis replied, still staring ahead.

"It's going to be alright." Liam told him, and Louis didn't respond.

He wanted so desperately to believe him, but Harry hadn't made a move at all since they'd found him in the dungeon. So he just didn't know what to believe.

"We need to get him to the hospital wing." Louis said, monotonously.

At that, Liam let out a sad breath and nodded, silently walking with Louis as he tried to be as good of a friend as he could, given the circumstances.

They climbed a few more rope bridges and staircases inside of hollow trees before they arrived at the hospital wing.

Louis gently placed Harry down on a bed, lightly stroking his face as he stepped backwards, looking up to Tinkerbell who was hovering above him.

"C-Can you help him?" Louis asked slowly.

The fairy smiled at him and nodded.

"He'll be okay," She told him. "Come back tomorrow morning and he should be awake."