Chapter 3 - Morning Selfies and Blissful Mornings

You know that feeling you get when you know something's really wrong but you just can't figure out what it is?

Yeah, that's basically what I'm feeling right now.

I walk towards my locker to get a few of my books for chemistry as everyone's eyes are on me.

Everyone's.

It's scary to be honest. I personally don't like to have so much attention, so having all these eyes on me feel like I'm on stage or something and I feel so nervous.

I cringe at the thought as I finally step in front of my locker. At times when I feel like this, I wish Marissa were here because at least I'd have someone to walk me towards my locker while I mentally kill myself.

I put in my combination and sigh heavily. Hopefully this day goes by faster soon. As I get out my last book from my locker, I feel a tug on my arm belonging to Marissa. She guides me away from my locker, in the process I close my locker and follow her.

"How couldn't you tell me?!" Marissa explains.

"What do you me–" I say gently a little before she interruptes me again.

"Don't play stupid! I'm your bestfriend and you thought it wouldn't be useful to tell me this information?" She states.

What the freak is she talking about?

"Marissa. Please calm down and just tell me what you're talking about for crying out loud." I hold her arms in attempt to calm her down.

She sighs and pulls out her phone. I don't know why she has an attitude when–

NO.

HE DIDN'T.

But he did.

"This." She points out clearly. She has the app Instagram open and is showing me a picture far away from my liking.

That's why everyone was staring at me in the hallway! It's because Trevor freaking Jackson took a selfie with me while I was sleeping and posted it online for everyone to see.

"Just thought I should take a picture with my new neighbor. Isn't she gorgeous when she's sleeping?" 276 likes. 33 comments.

And may I remind you that he's already following almost the entire school!?

Obviously I looked a hot mess in that picture. They don't exactly make hairnets big enough for this beast of hair I have to tame every morning.

The only reason I'm not slicing his head off at this exact moment is because one word stood out before the others.

Gorgeous.

Stop it Zendaya. Gross. You shouldn't be blushing right now. He definitely meant it in a sarcastic way. It's a great this Marissa is to oblivious to notice.

"So you just weren't gonna tell me about this hottie at all?" Marissa says to me as she locks her phone and deposits it in her bag.

"I was going to, but it's kind of a long story. Look I'll talk to you later about it okay?" I start backing away from her in quest to find stupid Trevor.

I walked down where my first period was and saw a herd of people gathered around a corner– people have their phones out and cameras are snapping.

"Damn Trevor, you're really about to swallow her!" Someone says. Ew, disgusting.

I walk closer to them and by the time I'm inches away from them, a few people begin to notice me.