Chapter 8 - One Drink Won't Hurt

I look through my windows and see Zendaya laying on her bed with her laptop in her lap. She's probably watching Netflix or something. Even though it's dark, I can still see the light of her screen reflecting on her.

I should just open my window and knock on hers, but she probably wouldn't even open it, making me look stupid. But I guess I deserve it since I've been a jerk to her.

All today during school, I kept thinking about what Zendaya said this morning and I got mad. So when Ananda came up to me, willing to let me kiss her, I took up the offer quicker than the speed of light.

It did help me get my mind off of Zendaya, trust me on that one,  but once we were done, I started thinking about her again.

I couldn't figure out what she meant by what she said that morning after she told me to pull over, so I had just assumed that she was embarrassed to walk in with me.

I take a deep breath before finally opening my window. I let the cold wind air hit my face as I step onto Zendaya's roof and I walk on her porch.

Why the fuck am I so nervous? Damn, Trevor. She's just a girl.

I plant three knocks on her window hoping she slides open her window anytime close to now. I'm shivering, not because it's cold outside but because I'm just that nervous.

I don't know what I'm actually gonna say to her, but I at least need to see her face, because I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep tonight if I don't.

She looks up at the window, focusing on me. Our eyes make contact for the first time all today. She makes her way out of bed taking what feels like forever to finally open the window.

She slides it open and makes room for me to come inside her room. Last time I was in here, we almost kissed.

Fuck.

"Zendaya–" I begin but she cuts me off.

"Trevor, I'm really sorry. I honestly didn't mean to offend you at all. I didn't mean to make you feel like I was embarrassed by you either. I just really thought that you wouldn't like it if we walked in together because then everybody would think of us as something else and–" Now I cut her off.

"I get it, you're sorry. It's okay." I say to her while laughing just a little.

"Really? You aren't mad anymore?" She asks me with concern written all over her face.

"Nah. I'm surprised you're not mad at me for ignoring you all today." I say as a smile appears on her face.

"I'm just glad you came over to fix it. Let's just forget about it, okay?" She ensures me and before I know it, she's hugging me with her head pressed against my chest and I couldn't resist not hugging her back.

"Hey, you know what my shirt is made of?" I ask and she looks up at me. "What?" She asks, waiting for an answer.

"Boyfriend material." I state to her while she looks at me.

"Oh please, the only material that shirt is made of is–" Before she finishes her sentence, her phones goes off. I guess she got a text message or something because as soon as her phone went off, she starts texting.