Chapter 27 - Still Waiting For You

ZENDAYA'S POV
"Zendaya, are you still awake?" My mom yells from downstairs, breaking my kiss with Trevor. I honestly missed having his lips pressed on mine. This whole time, I've been trying to deny my feelings towards him but now, he confessed!

He actually likes me!

Gently pulling away from him and giving him a smile as well, I answer my mom.

"Um, yeah. What's up?" I yell to her, still wrapped in Trevor's arms.

"Can you come down for a second?" She says loud enough for me to hear and I give Trevor an apologetic look.

"Um, you can leave I guess?" I suggest to him as he shakes his head with a smirk across his face.

"You don't wanna get rid of me that easily, do you?" He says looking right into my eyes as I stare back at him with a shy smile.

"You can stay here if you want, hopefully this won't take long." I chuckle lightly as he lets go of my waist to my disappointment.

"No, it's okay. I should probably just go–"

"I'm gonna go downstairs to answer my mom. And you're gonna be in this room when I come back." I say to him and all he does is smirk at me, knowing I'd be mad if he did actually leave. I walk over to the door but he calls out for me before I could leave.

"So did you hear the story about the guy and the girl who had the most sexual relationship ever?" Trevor asks me and I honestly don't know where he's going with this, but I reply anyways.

"Gee, Trevor. I haven't." I say to him, with a smile tugging on my lips.

With his signature smirk, he replies, "Then you should come over to my place and I'll tell you all about it." And before my smile widens, I walk out the door, hoping he didn't catch my smile.

+++

"Yeah mom?" I say to my mom as she's in the kitchen as always, cooking what seems to be spaghetti. She looks up at me for a quick second as a smile plasters on her face.

"You know your father's leaving in two days." She begins. And even though I'm really grateful for my dad coming over in the first place, one week every three months is starting to feel like way less than that.

"Yeah, I know." I say softly with a sigh, knowing that I have to wait another three months to see him again.

"So, your dad and I are having a weekend out together tomorrow, before he leaves on Saturday." She explains to me as I nod my head slowly and before I could even ask a question, she chimes in.

"But, this weekend Trevor's mom is going out of town on a business trip also, so–"

"So what are you saying?" I cut her off eagerly to hear what she has to say next. She wipes her hands on her towel and puts the last batch of meatballs in the oven as my impatience grows.

"So, Trevor will be staying here with you. I've talked it over with his mom and she agrees as well as your dad." She says to me as my eyebrows furrow.

"Wait, I'm sixteen, I've stayed home alone before, multiple times. What changed now?" I ask her as she sighs. I just don't understand why they thought it'd be okay for Trevor and I to stay together in the same house for the whole weekend.

Not like you have a problem with that Zendaya.

Shut up.