Chapter 10 - Be Honest

"The Fault in Our Stars is so overrated to be quite honest." Marissa says as we both lay on my bed watching the movie I put on to show on my tv. I look at her with shock and as she notices, she laughs.

"How can you say that? It's probably one of the best movies ever. But it can't even compare to the book." You know what I mean? When they cut out certain things from the book to make the movie? It sucks sometimes.

"I'm serious. Everyone says it's the best love story ever, and I don't really think so. Romeo and Juliet is probably the best." She grins at me, knowing I'd rebuttal.

"I admit, Romeo and Juliet is my favorite. But that was a tragedy, it can't compare to The Fault in Our Stars." I stuff some more popcorn in my face.

"Well of course not. Leonardo Decaprio is a lot hotter than Ansel Elgort." She states rolling her neck at me. I swear, Marissa can be a pain in the ass, but it's one of the many traits I love in a friend.

"I thought we were talking about the book?" I say in confusion. We both start laughing only to notice the movie had stopped playing.

"How old is your movie?" Marissa laughs once again. I laugh with her because every single time when Hazel is about to go off on the author, it starts to scratch up.

"Hey, you never told me the reason why you didn't come to the party. I'm still kinda pissed." I chuckle. It's Saturday and she still yet, hasn't given me an explanation. I had a pretty great time at the party up until the point where I couldn't remember anything. Well, even after that, it wasn't half bad..

"I'm so sorry! I've been flaking on you so many times, I just–"

"You just wanted Trevor and I to be alone, didn't you?" I glance at her to watch her every detail. I thought about this before and it sorta makes sense now.

"Well, yes and no. I was actually planning on being fashionably late, you know so maybe by then you and Trevor would've talked and stuff maybe even got in a closet." She says in a prissy voice as I roll my eyes at her. Seriously, who does think I am? "But, to my surprise I got grounded for not picking up my cousin from school. I really wish I could've gone." She tells me sincerely.

"I'm just saying because you practically begged me to go to the freaking party, so how couldn't you be there? But whatever." I dig into the bowl of popcorn.

"But whatever? Wow, something must've went down because you seem way to nonchalant. Did I miss something?" She asks. I fell right into that one. I haven't told her anything about Trevor, even from when he snuck in my room and almost kissed me, I think.

"I mean.. Not in the disgusting way you're thinking. We went to the party and while Trevor and his friends went to wherever, I was asked to have a dance with the one and only, Lucas." I sigh. Little did I know that he spiked the drink he had given to me and before I knew it, I was in a room with a horrible headache and Trevor handing me some aspirin." I tell her.

"I don't get it. You'd still be mad at me especially for putting you in a situation like that for that matter. Tell me what else happened." She states already smirking.

I honestly didn't want to tell her anything that's happened between Trevor and I. Knowing her, she'd make a huge deal out of everything. She'd throw all these ideas into my head, convincing me that maybe, just maybe, Trevor could like me. But who am I kidding, I don't like him and neither does he like me.

"So I haven't told you some things that went down between Trevor and I, and I'm sorry for keeping secrets, I just- I don't want–"