Chapter 4 - Math Tutor?

"I honestly can't wait to get home." I tell Marissa as we walk towards the entrance of the school.

"Zendaya.. We literally just got here. First period hasn't even started yet. Fuck, we haven't even entered into the school." Marissa explains to me.

"I know. But yet again, I didn't get any sleep last night. I feel so jet lagged." I say to her as I rub my eyes gently. I still haven't even adjusted to the sunlight.

"What happened? Another new neighbor dilemma?" She winks at me implying something to the extent that I didn't wanna know.

"Yeah, Trevor was blasting his music again. I didn't even bother going to ask him to turn it down, so I just had to suffer the consequences I guess." I sigh.

"Oh really? I thought you went over his house and slept with him!" Marissa says loudly while other people look at us with weird faces.

"Slept with who?" Trevor's voice fills our ears as we turn around to notice him, smirking at us. He walks a few more steps until he's standing in front of me; next to Marissa.

"Why does it seem like whenever I'm trying to get away from you, you always seem to show right up in my face again?" I ask him exaggeratedly.

"Well, maybe because you're hiding the fact that you have a huge crush on me." He winks at me. From the corner of my eye I can see Marissa slightly getting a little too excited from our conversation.

"So I come near you every now and then to remind you that you can't keep that a secret." He winks at me.

Is it bad that I have no idea if he's joking or not?

The fact that I think he may actually think that is crazy. I mean, I'm not going to lie, he is attractive by looks, but personality? Definitely awful.

"In your dreams, pretty boy." I scowl at him. I walk away from him noticing that Marissa had left already. Knowing her, she probably just wanted us to be alone so 'something' could happen.

I guess Trevor noticed Marissa was gone as well because before I could react, he comes over to me and throws his arm around me. He starts to walk us into the school–our bodies brush against each other from all the other people around.

Part of me wants him to take his freaking arm off me because he's an obnoxious jerk. But honestly, another part of me wants him to keep his arm around me because I don't usually get this kind of attention from boys.

Marissa? She can get a boyfriend faster than I can count to ten if she wanted to. A new boy is always behind her locker, waiting for her to close it so they can carry her books and walk her to class. And even with me walking with them, no boy ever notices me.

And I definitely don't have a problem with that, I mean I need to focus on school, and boys can come in later. But sometimes it would be nice for a boy to compliment me every once in a while..

So I guess that's why I'm so hung up on Trevor putting his arm around me. I never knew how that felt like until now.

"So did you fall asleep last night listening to my wonderful playlist?" Trevor asks me as we walk down the corridor of the school. I didn't know exactly where we were going, probably to his locker but considering him, you never know.

"Actually I stopped liking Eminem in like the sixth grade." I explain to him. His eyes bulge out as if I just told him I was the one behind 9/11.

"How can you say that about the king? His lyrics are bomb as fuck." Trevor mentions before we walk inside of our trigonometry class.