Well Sh-

The training room was empty, the perfect time for me to meditate

I placed my pocket watch, open, in front of me. I sat, cross-legged, in the middle of the room and closed my eyes. I took deep breaths, and then opened them. Golden dust, sparkling majestically and magically, floated around my head from the watch. Voices seeped through and echoed around me; voices of people long gone. Images and memories flashed through the dust.

I watched Henry Glenn the Scotsman of the Highlands gallop past on his horse. I saw a pirate ship sail past, followed by a horse-drawn carriage. Battles raged around me: swords clashed. Guns fired. Battle cries reverberated. And my heart ached.

Those were times where I stayed the longest. Those were the times I made a life for myself that I thought I could live in for as long as I wished. But it never happened. Something always came up that forced me to leave.

"Andi."

I slammed my hands down on the watch's lid, snapping it close. The golden dust shot back inside. I faced Fury standing at the threshold, hands clasped firmly behind his back.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"I need you to accompany me," he replied.

"Where?"

"You'll find out when we get there."

I squinted in suspicion. "And why should I go? Last time we did this a mysterious and, mind you, dangerous blue cube destroyed a particular base researching said cube and killed, I don't know, hundreds. What makes this time any different?"

Fury raised his chin. "What? Don't you trust me?"

"No."

"Throw me a bone and do it this time."

I scowled. "The last man who said that to me I despised." I dropped my watch into my pocket and got to my feet. "But, I'll admit, I am intrigued."

He leered in success, as much as he tried to hide it.

We took the elevator to the garage at the bottom of the Triskelion. I slipped into the passenger seat next to him, and we drove off.

I flipped my watch in my hands. Meditating was something I did every day since I decided to stay in the 21st century. I was restricting my time travel use for reasons I kept close to my chest (therefore, you shall never know). Creating images with the time dust was the closest I was getting, and I was perfectly all right with that.