1.) What I call my Life

His name was James. The one who beat me, torched me, called me names. Found anyway to hurt me. He was the one who broke me. He was the one I loved in an instant. He was my other half. The one to love me, no matter what. He was my mate, after all. But fate had never been on my side.

I walked- well more like limped- back to my bedroom. I needed to get cleaned up. The cuts would hurt even more if I didn't get them clean and bandaged. Just to add to the list of reasons fate hated me, I had to go and make dinner. They would get mad if I didn't make it in time. They might beat me a lot worse than they already did. I am afraid that if they did beat me again, that...well... that I wouldn't make it this time.

Which at this point wasn't such a bad idea. To end all the mistreatment and abuse. I guess in a way I did deserve to die. Just like they all told me. I did kill my parents after all.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

I ran as fast as my 12 year old legs would take me. I heard their heavy breathing behind me. I pushed on. I couldn't let them get me. I would surely die. I ran around another tree. The forest was all I could see, miles upon miles of it.

I screamed when the wolf wrapped his canine teeth around my foot, making me fly forwards, and tumble down to the ground with a loud thump. I flipped around on my back to see a big brown wolf stalking towards me. I saw two other yellow brownish coloured wolves behind him.

They looked like something out of the horror movies that my Mum had not let her see but she has watched them anyway.  The brownish yellow wolfs had bright yellow eyes, staring at her with a cold hunger. Making a shiver of fear run down my spine. But it was when I looked at what seemed to be their leader that really made me afraid. He was giant, even for a werewolf.But it was his uncaring, murderous red eyes, that made my scream hitch in the back of my throat. He slowly walked around me, enjoying my fear. His snapping jaw inches from my face, his breath hot against my cold cheeks.

Just as I thought I was going to die, a giant grey wolf jumped up and clawed the brown wolf across the face. Leaving 3 giant claw marks that ran down the side of his face.  MUM! I screamed in my head. She had come to save me! She had just turned around to me when the two other wolfs grabbed her and the fight was on.

She had managed to kill one by chomping down on his neck. He was hanging lifeless from her mouth when the other brownish yellow wolf jumped on her back. They started to roll around. The sounds of growls, and ripping of flesh, pierced the air. He had somehow managed to claw my mum around the neck, she fell to the ground, her life draining away as I sat and watched. " MUM!" I  screamed out loud. I could hear the sorrow in my own voice. 

Another grey wolf jumped out and started to fight the last brownish yellow wolf. They viciously clawed at each other. The grey wolf fling the other wolf and he landed in a pile on the ground. The grey wolf run up to him and snapped his neck, quick, no pain.  

That was when he saw my mother, lying in her own pool of blood. Her blood staining the ground, forever marking her death bed. I had her head in my lap. I had somehow managed to crawl over the ground to her and was whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Wishing with all my heart she would wake up , but I know that was not going to happen.