7.) New Pack

Chloe's P.O.V. 

   A hush has fallen over the group.  I lowered my head down again. From beneath my long lashes I watched them. They were staring at me. That's all they did. Stared. At. Me. To say I was uncomfortable was the understatement of the year.  Why did I say that? They are probably going to kill me. The weak and mate less rouge. 

   Angelina whimpered at my dark thoughts. She was still too into her rejection to put up a fight. I was trying to decide whether or not to look up. To face the death that awaited me head on.  I decided to look at them. I looked at the twin with the grey green eyes to see him wipe a stray tear that had started to roll down his cheek. He's crying? I thought to myself. Why? I quickly looked to my other side to see his twin with the blue eyes blinking his tears back.

   I never liked it when people were sad. It reminded me that I didn't want them to feel what I have felt most of my life. I didn't want them to be sad, I would get caught in their feelings.

   Why are they sad? I thought to myself as I looked at the beta and Alpha. They both held sadness in their eyes. Why? 

   Their sad because, they have heard stories about the pain a person goes through when  rejected. My Angelina said in a voice that broke my heart even more, if that was possible.

   They were sad because of me? That couldn't be possible. To see if Angelina was correct I asked in a low whisper that humans couldn't have heard “ Why are you sad?”

   “Were.....um...” The beta faltered. Not sure how to answer.

  “Were sad because of you.” The grey green eyes said in a voice raw of emotion. His eyes watching me. 

  “Me? You don't know me and you're sad because of little old me?” I asked in a voice full of wonder and curiosity. No one has said that in such a long time I didn't really know how to react. I titled my head a bit to the side.

   “We may not know you, but no one should go through, what you’re going through.” The grey blue eyes answered, before his brother could.

  “Oh” was my great response. I thought back to my mate rejecting me and my first shift. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The only reason I survived all of this is because my pack has put me in so much pain before, I could handle it. 

   The Alpha must have thought of something to ask me, because he looked at me more closely.I could feel his stare on me. I knew he was going to speak, before he did. But it still made me tense when he spoke again  “Did you go through your first shift yet?” He said in a low voice.

  I looked down when I answered with a nod of my head. I wish they would just kill me and get it over with. I want to leave this pain behind. 

  “Alone?” He asked again in the same low tone as if not to scare me. Another nod of my head I answered the question.

   I heard a sharp intake of breath around me. I looked up from my lashes to see they had all taken in a breath, and the twins had a look of...awe?

  “That's it! You are coming back with us! “ Said the Alpha in a hard tone

   I flinched back at his tone. They all saw it, but no one said a thing. You could hear the wind in the distance, the movement of small animals. It was quiet for a while before I forced a ghost of a smile was on my face and  looked up at the Alpha and beta.

  “I do believe that I don't have a choice, do I?“ I asked in a humored voice, or at least I tried too. I was trying to make the conversation light, to get out of the silence.

  A smile played on the Alphas face “Nope.” He said popping the p. I smiled at that. Not a full blown smile but my first smile in five years.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alpha’s P.O.V

  I watched as she visibly flinched back from me. She must have known we all saw it. What would have made her do that? What has happened to this women?

  I know we were all thinking this as we stared at her for the second time today. She had captured all of us the moment we lay eyes on her. 

  “Luke, do you think....” Case asked me in the pack link. He didn't have to finish his sentence for us all to know where he was going. Could someone have hurt her?

  “I don't know, its possible......” I said in a sad tone. Gazing down at her. The more I looked at her the more I wanted to kill anyone who had lay a hand on her. 

   “Why would someone want to do that to this pretty little thing? “ Asked Mike his blue eyes shining with sadness. No one answered him, as we were all busy trying to imagine what her life was like.

  We watched her put on a ghost of a smile, I was the only one to see that it was forced. She said in a voice that rung with such sadness, but not noticeable if you weren't paying attention. "I do believe that I don't have a choice do I?”

   A small smile played at my lips. She did get that one right. “Nope” I said popping the 'p'. She smiled at that. She was so beautiful, even more so when she smiled.

I  held out my hand to her as I said “We haven't been properly introduced, I’m Luke Alpha of the Midnight pack. This is my Beat Chase. And these boneheads are Mike and Matt” I said nodding my head first to the right at Mike who had the blue eyes then to Matt who had the green eyes.

   She first looked weary of my hand, as if I was going to slap her. It made me think about how rough her life was like. Would she shake my hand? She took my hand lightly and smiled at me. “Chloe” Her voice was like a river flowing calmly, her touch was as soft as silk. She lifted her head up, and we all got to see her eyes really for the first time.

    They were a shocking deep blue. It was as if they could look into your soul and see who you really were.They captured you with little effort. But what shocked me the most was the pain the was held in those eyes. So much pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you guys think?

PLEASE

VOTE

AND 

COMMENT