16.) Bring on the Pain

I started in shock. I know that they had found out what pack I was from. Judging by the looks from the gang were giving me. I stood up and ran from the room so fast that I looked like a bullet.

    I didn't know where I was going. I just needed to leave that small room. I shifted into my pure white wolf and ran towards the woods. I needed to feel free, if only for a moment.

    I pushed myself to move faster. I could hear them coming out of the house calling my name. I blocked my mine from their voices. I didn't want them near me right now.  I had to be alone for awhile. I knew where I had to go now. I turned and started to run in a different direction.  

   I finally made it to the place. I had found it two years back. You had to go through a deep dark cave that ran for about a mile or two. Than you were in the most beautiful place you can ever imagine.

   It was a huge cove. It could easily hold our pack plus two others. It was all inclosed and had vines hiding the entrance. There was a small lake and trees. There was no pines, there was only the strong old ones. Oaks and Willows. I felt at peace.

   I  went over to the lake and let my feet sink into the cool water. I watched a flock of swans flying up and away from the lake. What would it be like to fly away from everything?

   I was faced with a cold reality. I had to go back to my pack. Even though I hated their guts, there were little children that didn't deserve to die by the hands of a hunter. Some die instantly but others....their not as lucky.

   I couldn't condemn them to that. They needed me. I may not want to but I had to do my duty. I sighed. Why was my life so complicated? I looked up into the sky. It was getting late. The others would start to worry.

   I sat down in the meadow. I watched in silence as a deer and her fawn come out and start grazing. I felt so at peace with.....everything. I felt almost complete.

   I had stumbled in here, pure luck that I did. It had been really late out that night and I was walking when I had come across the cave. I went inside. I had always wanted to go into a cave. I also wanted to know how far a cave could go. It had steadily gone downhill until it was underground. I had come a long way, I was not going to give up now. I was using the walls to guide me. It was dark but any werewolf could easily see in here. It was just a comfort. I had felt some vines and thought it was weird and when I tripped and grabbed onto the vines to steady myself, I saw that there was an opening.  

   Thats how I found this piece of beauty. I didn't tell anyone. I couldn't it was my special. I knew it was time to tell the others I was okay. I could feel them trying to push through my walls.

   I'm okay guys. I just needed some time. I'm coming back.

   I shut my mind off and got up onto my feet. Taking one last look I started to walk to the vines that signaled the ending of my peace.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I took my time coming home. Not like I wanted to see their pitiful faces. But at last,  I had to face my problems head on. The old Chloe would have come back in with her head down low and in the shadows. The Chloe I am now couldn't do that. It was very tempting. Trust me, I wanted to do it, but I knew I couldn't.

   I walked into the house with my head up and my back straight. I didn't even get two feet in before Chase came in and hugged me for dear life. I was stunned but returned the hug. I hugged on tighter than I thought was possible. I could see Luke standing in a door way to the right. And Mike and Matt were standing right behind Chase.

   I let go of Chase but kept my hand in his. I looked and Luke and he seemed to understand the question I was asking.

   “I had no choice in the matter. I was going to decline them but the council said we had to. “

   The council? The Council was a group of werewolves that helped govern the werewolf community. There word was law.

   What most didn't know was that they weren't old men and women. They were men and women that were about 30 years old. Some were even in their 20s.

   Nobody really saw the group. The council that is. But our pack was really close to the group. Me a little closer. I nodded my head in understanding as Luke went on.

   “I need you to help train them. You're the best. You're my third in command!Don't let them take away your strength. “

   I nodded my head again. Than had the courage to ask “ Who is coming with me?”

   “ That would be Chase, Zoey, Mike, Matt and I will be coming in about three days later.” He said with a tight smile.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for leaving you there. I luv ya all! xox

VOTE

COMMENT