6.) New people or New wolves?

Alex's P.O.V.

   I walked out of the room after I slapped my baby sister. I didn't want to hit her anymore. I don't think that I ever did want to hurt her. At first it kinda did feel good to give her the pain that I felt, for her killing our parents. Now all I could do was hit her for her own good. I know, why would hitting your own baby sister be for her own good?

  Well because the Alpha does not like Chloe. Him and my parents were really, really close. He blames their death on her, just like everyone else. But it sometimes seemed that he would get any way to hurt her, for any reason.  Now it was fun for him, to hurt her that bad. I knew, even if no one else could see it, that he wanted to kill her.

  I did this all to protect her. A couple of days after my parents were killed, I heard him talking to someone about him wanting Chloe killed. I knew that no one would believe me, so I started to avoiding her, then I ignored her. When the Alpha still was thinking about having her killed,  I throw some insults her way.

   Then one day I slapped her. I felt like I was a monster the way she had looked at me. I went to her room to make sure she was okay, she was asleep on that god awful mattress, and having a nightmare. I walked over to her and sat at the edge of her bed. I put my hand on hers and it seemed that it calmed her down. It became a habit of mine to visit her in the dead of night. To watch over her, and make sure that she was alright. 

  By then everyone else had started to hit her. The next thing I knew, things were out of hand. When they beat her with a silver bat, I stood in the corner of the room. I couldn't bear to see my sister in that much pain. I turned my head, when I heard a faint whimper. What always got me was how she didn't cry out or scream. 

  “Alex, why are you standing in the corner?” said James through the pack link.

  Oh crap. I thought. Make something up, make something up, make something up. I put on my best cruel smile I could manage, and looked towards my baby sister and then looked up at James.

  “Letting you guys handle this, I have something planned for later.” I said with as much venom I could muster in my voice, and walked out. I couldn't stay in that room much longer without beat those guys with that silver baseball bat. 

I didn't have anything planned for later. I just said that so they would go easier on her. In a very small way, I kept her safe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Around Dinner Time )

  “ Where is she?!” yelled James at me and some other guys. “ She was suppose to make dinner by now!” He bellowed. He seemed anxious about something.  Oh goddess. I thought. I can only protect her so much.

  “Go check on her, Alex” James yelled at me. Yeah, he was really nervous about something. Taking the stairs two at a time until I reached her bedroom.

 “Chloe, James needs you downstairs.” I said in a flat tone, trying to stop the worry seeping into my voice. There was no response. There was no sounds at all. If she were in there, she would have made even the slightness of sounds.

  “Chloe .” I said well pushing the door open. Worry creeping up me. What I saw made my heart crumble.