18.) Get the Job Done

Chloe’s P.O.V.

   I really, really, wanted to just zoom off of my bike and away from all this chaos. But I couldn’t, I was here for one reason and one reason only: to do my job.

   Well that and maybe, for some revenge? Lets face it, I do want some revenge. I thought about what it would be like to see my mate again.

   Just the thoughts of him were like a bad taste in my mouth. No matter what I did, he always had a way of hurting me.

   I zipped by trees and was almost out of sight when I heard Chase say in the mind link

    Easy there babe, I don't wanna lose you just yet.

  His words had a double meaning. One meant that I had to cool down, the other meant he didn't want me to die due to me going so fast on my ‘ death bike.’

      I slowly slowed down, I looked behind me to see Mike had but his head out the window of the car. I shook my head. Boys.

   I was just turning my head back to the road in front of me when I saw Mike choking. He must of swallowed a bug. I laughed out loud.

  OH MY GOSH! Did u just swallow a bug?!?! I half yelled with laughter in the mind link

   Nooooooo Mike replied sheepishly.

  Oh yes he did! Yelled Matt. Laughing so hard that I could picture his face bright red.

   I shook my head at their foolish behavior. I looked to see where we were to notice, that we were here. We were at hells door.

 Were here  I said in a cold hard voice.

     I blocked my mind from the guys and  I wiped my face of emotion. I was really good at both, having to live the way I had to, makes you put up walls.

      Riding up to the front of the pack house I looked to see it had hardly changed. Same white house. Same flowers. Same people. Ugg. Why me?!?

     I turned off my baby as the other were pulling up and getting out of the car. I saw that a couple of people have come out to see us. I sniffed the air to know that James and Alex was in that group.

      I stiffened, why did they send me? I took off my helmet and shook my hair out. I walked up to Chase and stood next to him.

         Since I was the third in command, I was like a beta now that Luke was not here and Chase was like the Alpha. We were acting beta and Alpha.  

    I watched as as the small group started to form near us. I did not look at them, I was here for one reason, and one reason only. To train this sorry excuse of a pack.

I watched  three people push their way through the crowd of people. Two were males and one was female.

    I sniffed and realized that the two males were the people I hated the most in the world.

      Alex and James. I stiffened my posture and looked straight ahead.

      I watched them from the corner of my eye. What I saw broke my already scared heart. Alex looked as if he had not slept   in weeks and had dark black circles under his eyes.

  James looked bad but not as bad as Alex did. He had a small amount of hurt behind his eyes.

     Not that I cared. I reminded myself. James and the other two had finally made their way up to where we were standing.

        James held out his hand to Chase and smiled. Chase took one look at his hand and the turned his face back to James.

    Taking note of this he put his hand down and said  "Hi, I am Alpha James and I welcome you to the Moonstone pack. This is my beta Alex"  Alex gave a short nod and looked everyone over. When his eyes landed on mine they hovered for a moment longer.

   His eyes held puzzlement. I choose not to think on that at the moment as James had continued speaking.

      "And this here is my mate Julia. " It was then that my head snapped down to the doe eyes, blonde hair, big boob, slut that hung on to his side. Her light golden hair falling to one side of her neck, proudly displaying her mark. The mark that was designed for me.

    I do not care. I do not care. I do not care. I chanted in my head.

    I could hear my wolf slightly rise to the surface as I felt my packs wolves come to the surface as well.

   They were upset for their fellow pack mate. And I felt deeply touched but I had to stop them from something they would regret.

   Guys! Calm down, it alright. Just calm down. I sent in the pack link in an emotionless tone. I also sent them a feeling of calm.

   About a year after I joined their pack, I had gotten all my powers. I could make weres calm if I wanted, I could make them feel joy, happiness, glee or I could make them feel bitterness,  anger, depression.

   Anything I wanted, I could make them feel. But their was a catch.

    There's always a catch. I could only make them feel what I have felt. And only as much as I have. I sometimes had to feel what I put onto other. If it was bad enough I would live through it again.

   They all seemed to have swallowed their anger. I made my face emotionless. Blank. A mask.

   I head Chase clear his throat and say in a voice he struggled to keep calm " Hello, I'm Chase beta of Midnight pack, I am acting alpha while my alpha is wrapping up another mission at home. These are my pack members. Zoe Mesa,  Mike and Matt Luzar will help with training. And this is the third in command Chloe Kaden . "

   Everyone froze at his words.

   I smiled sweetly and looked Alex dead in the eyes and said in a sarcastic  “Hello, my dear sweet big brother. How I have missed you so.”

Thats when all hell broke lose.