25.) Pain, Pain, Go Away

Chloe's P.O.V.

I looked Luke in the eye. I vaguely heard some people gasp. I didn't care. All I cared about right now was the young women in my arms, making sure that she was safe. Could he keep her safe? I questioned myself.

My wolf had taken over most of me. I let her, knowing that she could protect her. But I also knew that I could trust Luke. I started pushing myself up to the surface. My eyes slowly losing some of their brightness.

I asked Luke in a flat tone, something that I could do because my wolf had taken my pain.  “ Will you keep her safe?” My voice sounded strange to my ears. It was hollow, avoid of any real emotions. Luke didn't seem to be surprised by the hollowness in my voice. He just nodded his head with his eyes trained on me. “ Of course Chloe, I will guard her with my life.” His words seemed to pull me completely to the surface. The brightness in my eyes, vanished. I was me again. But being me again, brought all the pain I felt. My eyes started to tear over again.

I nodded my head to snap myself from my thoughts. I slowly unwrapped my arms from around the girls body. Luke gave me his word, I trusted him. “ I want to bury her.” I said my voice now emotionless, I was pushing my feelings down until I could bury her body, than I could be the mess I wanted to be. I heard the guys leave.

Luke only nodded his head, he seemed relieved. He spread his arms out to take the body from me. “ Can I carry her to her grave?” I asked. I wanted to be the one to handle her body, I wanted to be the one to put her in her grave. It only seemed right.

He smiled “ I thought you would say that, I sent the guys to grab some shovels to dig up a grave.”

“ Thanks Luke.” I whispered before looking back down at the body. Luke got up, and I did the same. Carrying the body bridal style, I started to walk back into the forest, with Luke close at my heels. I knew the perfect place to lay her to rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't really speak after that. I just walked to the tree. I was going to bury her by the willow tree, that my brother and me used to climb. It was peaceful and beautiful. Perfect.

I told Luke where we were going, he mind linked Chase and told him where to dig the grave. As I walked, I relived the times of when I was hurt or just wanted to get away, I would walk this very path. I would follow it until I got to the tree. My tree.

And here it was. Standing before me, as beautiful as ever. There was the grave, just to the right. Perfect spot. When the sun was rising like it was now, it shone on to the grave.

Stepping beside the grave, I slowly put her body in. Gently as if she were made of glass. I stood back, watching with unmoving, emotionless eyes. Each shovel of dirt that fell into the grave, slowly wiped away at the pain that was in my heart.

The reason that I hurt so much when she died, is the stupid power that we white wolves are so ‘blessed’ with. I can feel others emotions, only if there very strong ones.  I felt her emotions. There were so many. so many that cut as deep as any knife could.

It was now a bearable pain. They throw the last shovel of dirt onto the ground. I could lift my gaze to the faces of my family. They all looked at me. We stood in silence, no one daring to breathe. It was Chase that broke the silence first.

“ Chloe, what happened?” His voice was as soft as silk. But still words seemed to fail me. I could only send them the feelings of the dead girl and the feeling that I had felt when she died.

Mike fell to his knees, tears streaming his face.  Matt was soon beside him, his eyes puffy as he stood his twin up and walked him in the direction of the house.

I let the emotions go. I kept my gaze on the grave. From the corner of my eye, I saw Chase looking at the grave. I watched in silence as a single tear rolled down Chases face. Luke was looking at the willow tree. He kept his face tight, not a single emotion touched it.

Chase shook his head and mumled something about seeing if the twins were okay. He ran up to the house. 

I looked to my otherside. I saw Alex. I expected him to be looking at the grave or at the willow. But instead I saw him watching me. His eyes locked onto mine. I felt myself piecing back together. I felt my strength rebuilding. Alex was lending me his strenght. He was making me stronger.

I was about to call him out. I was about to thank him. I was about to tell them what happened. I was about to tell them all this plus some, when I heard a sound.  A twig breaking.

It was the last sound I heard, before everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Sorry I havent uploaded in a while. I hope that you like it. Please tell me if you like it or love it?!?! I whish you all a great day.

If you have any questions about the book, please dont hesitate to ask. So.....ask away!

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

AND

VOTE