8.) Getting to Know Each Other

Chloe's P.O.V.

   We were walk through the wood together, no one breaking the silence. Mike who was standing a little to my left was the one who broke the silence first when he asked me “Chloe do you.....um...” He sounds unsure. I look at him as we walked and nodded for him to continue. I also noticing the looks the others were throwing his way. 

   “Do you have any family? Brothers or sisters?” He asked rather quickly. I tense up at the mention of family and brother. I didn't know if I should tell them, but they have let me live, the least I could do was be a little honest. 

   “Yes, I have an older brother.”  I say with no emotion. He nods getting that I don't want to talk about it. 

   We continued to walk in silence for a while when Chase asked what my favourite thing to do was. I had to think about that one for a while when I finally said  “Cooking"  My pack had me cooking for them, but I found myself enjoying it. I could do it for hours, it was a time where they couldn't hurt me. 

   Before they could respond I said “ Do you have many pack members?”

   “Nah, about 30 or so.” Matt said from somewhere behind me. That wasnt a lot. My old pack had over 60 pack members. Some have close to 100. 

   We continued to ask questions. All of them safe to answer. Everyone got the hint that my past was not a subject I wanted to talk about right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We walked up to the house or should I say mansion! The twins were fooling around. Pushing and shoving each other in a playful manner. Reminding me of a time when my brother told me of all the goofy things that him and his friends did. 

   I was just about to say that I really liked their pack house when a pain shot up from my abdomen. A hot pain the size of a dinner plate. I started to lean against the door, moaning in pain.

   The boys all shot up to help me. “What's wrong?” They all asked me, seeming worried. I was about to answer when another pain shot up, making me double over in pain. Trying my hardest not to scream out, I covered one hand over my mouth and the over on my stomach. My wolf was whimpering like crazy.

   “What's wrong?” I asked Angelina really worried. Not liking the pain. It had something to do with James, I just knew it.

   He's with someone else. He isn't with us. Angelina said sounding broken. I didn't need to know who He was. It was James. He was with another women. Not even a full two days. God, did I want to kill both of them. The pain had became a dull ache. Something that I could manage. 

   I took in some deep breaths as I opened my eyes, not realizing that I had closed them. I looked up to see the boys worried faces. I gave them the best smile I could manage, which was the tiniest smile know.

“What's happening? Are you okay? Do you want me to call the pack doctor?” They all asked me questions at the same time. I only caught a couple of them.

   “No, I’m good.” I said. As good as any in my position. I had lost my pack, my mate, become a rogue, and shifted for the first time.  All in the past 24 hours. Yeah I think I'm great.

   They looked at me as if they didn't believe it. Neither would I. “My mate......he slept with someone else.” I said in a whisper, almost whimpering. Just speaking it out loud was making it more real. Their faces all softened, I could also see some anger in a couple of them.