23.) Finding Her

I pushed my wolf to the surface. My eyesight enhanced. I saw the little details in the leaves and each blade of grass. Another perk of being a white wolf. Better eyesight. I sniffed the air. I didn't detect anything.

But I still couldn’t shake that feeling that something was coming.

Shaking my head and mumbling “ The stress is getting to you. “ But one thing I have been taught was to trust your instinct.

Standing very still, with my hand on the door handle, those words rang through my head. Turning so that I was once again facing the woods, I watched silently for any movement. Still not seeing anything, I took a step forward. I guess I’ll just take a small jog through the woods. I needed to anyway.

Sending a simple “ I’m going in the woods for a while, see you all soon.” through the pack link. Closing of my pack link and building a wall around my mind before any of them could find out what I was going to do. They would be worried and no doubt try to stop me.

Walking with quick, silent steps I reached the edge of the woods. Something was definitely off. But what that was, I didn't know for the life of me. I wasn't afraid, not even a little. Put some part of me was screaming to flee, to run and let it rest. I couldn't do that.

So I did the only thing I could, I ran into the land of darkness.

Swaying past trees and bushes in my human form was exciting. I felt that little part of hesitation melt away in the first couple of steps I took into these woods. The silence surrounding me. Trusting me not to disturb it.

A smile placed on my lips and my bare feet softly hitting the ground, I fell deeper into the trees. Slowing my run into a jog, I began to take in the details around me.

It felt much like my forest, but totally different. My forest was lined with all different trees, big and small. Free. This forest felt almost tamed. Trees planted by hand, not freely grown.

But a forest was a forest. Jogging still, I smelt blood. I froze. Sniffing the air again, I followed the smell. Walking as silent as death, I looked down by my feet to see a couple of drops of blood on a leave. Bring the bloody leave to my nose, I knew it was a werewolf. What could a werewolf be doing here? So far into the territory.Walking faster but still as silent, I soon came across the werewolf that had been bleeding.    

I ran swiftly to a young girl lying on a bed of leaves. Oddly enough it reminded me of a beautiful death bed of leaves. The leaves surrounding her were dyed in a dark red. Blood. Too much for her to live for much longer.

I fell to my knees, not caring that my legs were now covered in the dark liquid. She had her hands on her stomach. Theres was blood staining her white shirt. It seemed as if she was wounded by a spear. I put my shaking hands on her stomach to try to stop the blood. She could be more the 16. A child. Right now I didn't care that this could be a trap. There was a girl that needed my help. She moaned and looked at me. Her eyes, they seemed to take hold of mine. I couldn't turn away from those forest green eyes.

Her dark brown hair falling on both sides of her face made her look younger. Her voice put a whisper said “They're coming for you. They will not stop until they kill everyone.” I stood frozen. What was I suppose to say? Who wanted me dead?

“Who wants me dead? “ I voiced my thoughts.

She wheezed “The hunters.” The hunters wanted me dead? I know why they would, but why did they hurt this little pup?

“Hey, now. It's okay. you'll be okay.” I told her. But was she really? Not a chance her wounds were going to kill her soon.

She grabbed my hand. For someone who was going to die, she held on with a lot of strength. She pulled me down to meet her lips to my ear. “They killed everyone in my pack. My brother.....my sisters, my mum and my dad” I nodded for her to continue. “I tried to stop them. But my dad said to go and find help. To tell others that....that...their stronger.......Don't let them kill anyone else. Please?” Her voice broke my heart.

I spoke with honesty “I will not let them hurt another. I will make them pay.” My wolf growled in agreement. She smiled and I smiled at her. Her beautiful green eyes closing for the last time.

I hugged her body closer to mine. Her head was on my chest as I silently cried.  I cried for her loss of parents. For her brother and sisters. For her pack. I cried for the loss of my parents, and my pack.

But mostly I cried for the loss of a beautiful green eyed girl.