Just Friends

He was awkward, and clumsy, and shy. He got flustered easily, he had his nervous tick of scratching his neck.

He was dorky.

He was adorable.

But you're just friends.

That's all. Just friends.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Those feelings that you shove deep, deep down. Sure he has cute, messy brown hair. Sure you love that half smile-oh that smile...

Friends. Just friends.

"Hey Y/N, what's up?" Dylan says.

"Nothing," you blush, nervous that he caught you in mid thought, especially when he was the subject of that thought.

"You sure? You look...weird."

"Shut up," you laugh lightly, snapping back into your usual self.

"Okay, anyway, wanna come over tonight? Posey and I were thinking about doing something." (Ever since both of the guy's break ups, they've lived together.)

"Yeah sure," you reply.

"Awesome, see you tonight!" he says before bouncing away to catch up with Tyler who's going the other way.

You watch as Dylan tell Tyler that you're in for whatever the evening entails.

Tyler waits for Dylan to turn around before he draws a heart in your direction.

Tyler Posey was one of Dylan's best friends. And since you were also one of Dylan's best friends, the two of you sort of became good friends.

The three amigos, as Dylan says.

Dylan's an idiot. He's oblivious. He's oblivious to what Posey deems as obvious.

So it's later that night, you're over at Posey and Dylan's place hanging out, , drinking beer and . And...you're pretty sure there's flirting. Like...from both you and him.

It has to be flirting. The gazing looks, the winking, the awkward touching-of-hands that lasts too long.

Okay, maybe it's not flirting but it's something. It's definitely something.

You shake it off, deciding that it was all in your head. So you continue to joke and hang with the guys for the remainder of the evening.

It got late, you were tired and drunk so you weren't driving home. Dylan had already offered to let you stay the night, except he had taken up the couch-which is where you usually slept.

Obviously, you took his bed. It was only fair.

Sometime during the middle of the night, Dylan came in-still half drunk and half asleep-and into bed next to you.

You stayed asleep.

You never realized he snuck in. You never realized that he put his arm around your waist. You never realized that he pulled you to him so he could breathe in your scent. You never realized how peaceful his presence made you.

The next morning you woke up with Dylan's arm still holding you tightly against him.

Actually, what you woke up to was Tyler yelling, "It's about damn time you guys ended up together."

Groggily, both you and Dylan go, "What are you talking about?"

You can see the realization hit Tyler when Dylan quickly pulls away from you and, you and Dylan both (), sit up confusedly.

"You're fucking with me right? Tell me you guys didn't together. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why won't the two of you admit your feelings for each other?" Tyler storms off, slamming the door on his way out; leaving you and Dylan to clear things up about last night and to talk about how you've both been harboring feelings for one another but are too afraid and shy and nervous to do anything that might jeopardize your friendship.