Never Have I Ever

You, Dylan, Posey, Hoechlin, Holland, Shelley, Sprayberry, and Arden are all bunched together in a tight circle on the floor of Posey's living room. After spending a few Dylan on set, you have accompanied him to a small cast party, where inevitably, the alcohol has broken out.

As Holland brings in a tray of shot glasses, you feel a frown to form on your face before you can even help it.

"This is such a bad idea," You mutter, unwillingly accepting a half-filled shot glass from Holland, who just grins excitedly in response.

Dylan shakes his head from his spot on the floor beside you, picking his own shot glass up off the floor. "Don't worry, babe. So far none of us have died from playing this game."

"You realize that doesn't make me feel better at all, do you?"

Dylan laughs at your joking tone and kisses your cheek, but deep down, you're trying to repress some anxiety. You've been dating Dylan for five months, which in your book, still isn't the of time to wait until you start confessing your most humiliating secrets.

At least, that's how you're pretty sure this game works.

"Alright, since most of you know how to this, I'll skip the introduction and start us off easy," Posey begins. "Never have I ever broken a bone."

Around the circle, you see Hoechlin, Arden, Holland, and Shelley down their shots. Sprayberry drinks his too - only, he's drinking .

"I bet Holland's broken every bone in her body at least once," Hoechlin remarks, causing the entire circle to laugh.

Reluctantly, you tilt your head back, gulping the liquid down as fast as you can.

"No shit, you have?" Dylan questions you.

You nod. "Third grade. Melanie Parker pushed me off the monkey bars and I broke my arm."

"Alright, it's my turn," Holland declares after refilling everyone's glasses for them. "Never have I ever..." Her eyes flicker in your direction, a mischievous smile appearing on her face. "Never have I ever slept with someone in this room."

All at once, everyone turns to you. Cheeks burning hot, you look in Dylan's direction. "You see? This isexactly why I didn't wanna play this."

"Awww, look at how red she is! You two have totally gotten it on," Arden exclaims with a laugh.

"Hey, c'mon, knock it off," Dylan says, draping an arm around your shoulders.

As the circle goes silent, you look down at the glass in your hands for a couple moments. Then, to everyone's surprise, you take a shot, grinning.

The entire room cheers, patting Dylan on the back in a congratulatory manner. This time, he's the one blushing as he takes his own shot. You just laugh, feeling yourself starting to loosen up a little.

"I guess it's my turn," Shelley says. "Never have I ever stolen anything."

Posey and Hoechlin are the only two who drink.

Before anyone can ask them to elaborate, Posey starts to speak. "We should've done the strip version of this. Hoechlin would already be half-naked."

"Hey! Don't act like you all haven't seen my bare ass before!"

The circle bursts into laughter again - including yourself as you try to imagine what the context of that event could've possibly been.

You look up at Dylan and catch him staring at you with an affectionate look in his eyes. When you first became a couple, he confessed that his favorite thing about your appearance is your smile. The harder you look at him, you can tell he's staring at your mouth.

You can't help it - you lean up and press a kiss against his lips. The whole group awww's, and you pull away quickly.

"Hey!" You scold playfully. "Have you been staring at us this whole time?"

"Can't help it," Hoechlin says with a shrug. "Your sexual tension draws us in."

"Don't be a dick," Dylan jokes, giving Hoechlin's shoulder a shove.

"Okay, it's my turn," Sprayberry, who has been pretty quiet this entire time, announces. "Never have I ever... Never have I ever..." He looks down at his glass of apple juice as he thinks.

"Never have I ever been in love," he finally says.

Everyone else in the circle does their shots. Posey pats Sprayberry's back sympathetically. "You will one day, buddy."

Pressing your lips together, you look tentatively at Dylan. He's no longer staring at you, but rather, the shot glass in his hand.

Then, with a sensible amount of certainty, he takes the shot. The entire room goes silent. You swallow hard.

"Dylan, I..."

"What?" he says. "It's true. I - I'm in love with you."

You can feel everyone's eyes shift in your direction. With a smile, and after a bit of a pause - solely for dramatic purposes - you lift up your shot glass and gulp it down. Dylan breaks into a huge grin.

"I love you too," You declare.

This time, the circle applauds when Dylan grabs your face and plants a passionate kiss on your lips. You don't feel one bit of shame.

-------

I SWEAR I CAN'T BREATHE, I AM SO FREAKING CLOSE TO 5k READS. OMG IM DYING. Save me.