The Silent Treatment

A/N: My internet is so slow because just around my block, there is a harsh fire. shit. well, hopefully I don't die, bye people.

Stiles Imagine

You are sitting next to Lydia in the library, trying hard to concentrate on the work at hand which is an essay for English. But it doesn't really work. You are still too angry and disappointed. Too pissed at that unreliable boyfriend of yours. You sigh deeply and close the book with a thud.

"Oh, honey", Lydia says sympathetically. "Don't be too sad, you know how he is."

"I do. And I knew that dating him wouldn't be easy. But ditching me for the third time in a row? That's more than a stretch", you reply gravely.

"As far as I know Scott needed help with something. I am sure Stiles didn't want to do it, Y/N", Lydia ensures me, putting her arm soothingly around my shoulder.

I just shake my head. "He never does! Look, I get that. The pack and Scott need him and that's okay but I can't help myself, I am kind of getting fed up with being his second choice."

"I am sure that's not the case. What do you want to do now?", she asks me carefully.

Well, obviously not breaking up. You are still very much in love with Stiles and pretty sure that he has to screw up a lot more before that changes. But you also don't intend to let him get away easy this time.

"I don't know.", you admit.

Lydias eyes trail off at something behind you. "Well you should make that decision because he is coming."

Enter the boyfriend with the bad conscience. His face tells everything. It's a mix of guilt and dread dominated by his apologetic puppy eyes. Normally they always work but today you are unbendable.

"Hey babe...", he starts weakly. You just shoot him a glare and open your book again to stare at the pages instead of him. He gets the message.

"Y/N I'm so sorry, I swear! Butt Scott needed me and then everything got crazy and I just forgot. I know that's no excuse but I will make it up to you, I promise!"

Suddenly it's very easy to decide how you will handle the situation: You just ignore him.

It's Lydia who answers for you: "I guess she doesn't wanna talk to you right now and I can't blame her."

Stiles groans and runs his fingers through his hair which only makes it even messier. "Are you really gonna do the silent treatment?"

His voice is pleading and nearly gets to you but you man up and simply turn a page. Of course you haven't read one word but the dramatic look is all you wanted to achieve.

"That's a yes", Lydia translates for you once again. "Maybe you should just let her alone for a while, Stiles. Or you come back with a better idea to make this right."

Lydia is definitely the best friend in the world. Stiles can't do anything other than take the defeat for now and shuffle off, though not without a last desperate glance in your direction.

___________________________________________

Still, you are kind of relieved as you come home, just because you don't have to see him anymore. Ignoring him got harder and harder with every minute. You don't know how long you can precede with his. Probably not very. You just love him too much for that and it's impossible to be mad at Stiles for longer than a day, although he can be a total idiot.

In that second you hear a car pull in your driveway. The sound is all too familiar for you, you would recognize that car everywhere. You don't know if you should be annoyed or flattered by his visit, but nevertheless you push yourself up from the bed with a sigh to at least open the door.

As you do so Stiles stands on the porch. He is wearing the shirt you gave him a few months ago, carries a pizza box and a DVD in his hands and masters the perfect sad puppy look. You have to admit that you are impressed. He definitely took some effort in this.

"Y/N I know that you are very mad at me and you have every right to be and I am so sorry! I am honest with you: I can't promise you that something like this will never happen again but believe me, I hate it just as much as you! I mean, I would definitely prefer to spend time with my one hundred percent more appealing and beautiful girlfriend than with Scott! So...can you forgive me and talk to me again, please? I swear to you that I will spend this whole day plus night just with you, I even didn't bring my phone and organized this Notebook movie that you love so much. Please?"

He says all of that in an astounding pace but it's still pretty efficient. You can't hold back a little smile.

"Really smooth, Stilinski", you admit and it's adorable how relieved he is just because you are speaking again.

"Do I get more than half of the pizza?"

"Everything you want, babe", he answers quickly.

"That's settled then." You give him a soft kiss before you pull him inside.