One Secret Too Many

You don't really have time to process anything that has happened the past twelve hours until you saunter into your hotel room, immediately kicking off your high heels and landing face-first on the king-sized bed. A few seconds later, you hear Dylan emerge from the bathroom. He's changed into a pair of sweats and a baggy Mets shirt.

"Thought you and Shelley were gonna grab some In-N-Out together?"

"Too tired," You respond, your voice muffled against the mattress. You feel the bed dip as Dylan lays beside you, tenderly rubbing your back.

"Yeah, I remember my first Comic-Con," he says. "Posey almost had to drag me from room to room. I slept for like, eighteen hours the day I got home."

You lift up your head, raising your at him. "Seriously? Great."

Dylan laughs. "You're having fun though, right?"

"Yeah," You reply. "I missed you today." Dylan hadn't been able to attend any of the Teen Wolf cast interviews as he was busy promoting The Scorch Trials all day. You only saw him in passing a few times, but this is the first real conversation you've had with him since early this morning.

Tomorrow, however, is the Teen Wolf panel, where you are sure someone will ask a question in regards to you and Dylan's relationship. The two of you started dating not long after you joined the cast several months ago, and you've been able to keep everything a secret from the media until very recently.

As if reading your mind, Dylan turns to you, a smile grazing his lips. "Missed you too, Y/N. Are you excited about tomorrow?"

"Yeah, about that - we haven't exactly talked about what we're gonna say if someone asks..." You trail off, hoping he'll get the point.

"If someone asks for the about our sex life?"

You roll your eyes. "Yes, Dyl, that's exactly what I was going to say."

"Hey, it's Comic-Con - you never know!" He throws his hands up defensively, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know, Y/N. I haven't had the chance to talk to my publicist about it yet."

"Honey, we're adults; we shouldn't have to rely on our publicists for that sort of thing."

Despite your stubbornness, you still get where he's coming from. With Stiles still dating Malia, and with your character starting to develop a relationship with someone else, Jeff and the other producers don't want you and Dylan talking up your own relationship too much. And you agree with them; the press should focus on Teen Wolf, not you and Dylan.

Still, sometimes you think it might be even more painless to just come clean and at least confirm that the two of you are dating. It's hard to figure out if Dylan agrees with you, as he seems pretty hesitant about the whole thing.

Dylan sighs heavily, continuing to rub your back in a soothing manner. "I know that. I wish this whole situation could be easier, but it -"

"Why can't it be? It's not like we're FBI agents. We don't have to lead double lives."

"I don't want to risk getting on Jeff's bad side, Y/N. Neither should you."

You sit up slowly, letting Dylan's hand fall as you lean down to grab your heels, sliding them back on. You don't want to risk a fight with him, and you know that half the reason you're feeling so defensive is because you're hungry and exhausted.

As you stand up, you reach your hand out to him. "Maybe it's best if we drop it and go get some food before our stomachs implode."

Dylan emerges from the edge of the bed, and instead of taking your hand, he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you against his chest. Despite how rigid you still are from your conversation, you can't help but melt into his arms. You realize that this is his way of saying he's sorry.