Watch it (Request for -NerdyAndProud-)

Maddilyn's POV

"Don't forget to pick that up, James," I gesture to his arrows. The new camper nodded and picked the four arrows up.

"Hurry up, Maddilyn," one of my other Apollo sisters said.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I grumbled when I couldn't get the zipper shut in my bow case.

I grumbled and just slung it on my shoulder, half way shut. I grabbed my arrows and started following after my siblings.

I was relieved to be taking a break. I loved archery but sometimes I get really tired after practicing for hours at a time. I was also training James, the newest Apollo camper.

Suddenly a hard body slammed into my side. I winced when I fell to the ground, dropping my arrows and breaking a few in the process. 

I looked up to see Nico, son of Hades.

Most people would say sorry and beg for forgiveness because they were afraid of him. They were afraid of his power and his father. Most of them didn't know that his father didn't actually care about him. Or didn't show it. I only knew that because I was observant and I've heard conversations between Chiron and him. 

"Watch it!" He snapped. Nico gave me a heavy glare. I clenched my teeth. I picked up my arrows and stood up. I quickly adjusted the bow on my back.

"You ran into me a**hole," I snapped right back. Nico looked taken back and surprised.

I started to jog to catch up with my siblings. A few of us were taking shifts at the infirmary. 

*****

"Maddilyn, there is a patient at curtain 7," Will told me.

I walked to curtain 7 and pulled it back. I was looking down at the inventory clip board.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked.

When the patient said nothing I glanced up. I was surprised to see Nico. I dropped the clip board but I quickly picked it up.

He was sitting in the edge. His feet were a few inches above the ground because the bed was high. He was swinging his feet back and forth like a child.

"I accidentally cut my hand," he said. I stepped closer to the bed and say the clipboard down on the bed, close to him.

"Let me see," I said. He held out his right hand. There was a deep gash on his palm. I inspected it and said, "Give me a second to get supplies. It'll need stitches."

He said nothing when I washed the wound.

It was awkwardly silent. So I decided to say something. "How did this happen?" I glanced up at him. I could faintly see a blush rise to his cheeks.

"My hand slipped when I was sharing a knife."

"Oh. Well you should be more careful."

"It was technically your fault," he said casually. "I was thinking about what had happened earlier. I felt bad and I wasn't paying attention."

My jaw dropped a little. "No it wasn't. You weren't paying attention," I said.

Nico chuckled. He actually chuckled. 

"I'm sorry about earlier," he apologized. I finished the stitches. He didn't even complain about pain as I was doing it.

"You're forgiven. But next time you get an attitude with me, I'm shooting you with my bow," I warned.

"Until next time Maddilyn," Nico stood up and I bid him goodbye.

Next time? What did I just get myself into to?