Servant (Request for princesses001)

Misty Jackson's POV

"Hurry up, I'm hungry," Hades urged.

I bit my tongue to keep from snapping at him. AAlong time ago I was brought here in the Underworld.

I don't remember a life I had before this and I'm not sure if I had a life before this. Or people who cared about me. 

"Yes, Hades," I replied. I faked the respect. I hated this man. He gave me stupid, pointless jobs. Things like 'sweep the dirty stone outside,' or 'clean the bloody dungeons.' It would never be spotless anyway. 

I got Hades his feast and then I started carrying the dirty water I cleaned the floors with up the stairs to dump. I held my tags and mop in one hand and the bucket in the other. 

I turned to the left and bumped into something. I was covered in the dirty water. I dropped the empty bucket and gasped at my dirty clothes. My supplies also fell to the floor.

Because I was servant I rarely got new clothes at all. I would have to walk around in wet clothes. I looked up to see what I bumped into. I glared at the person. His dark eyes looked apologetic but I didn't care. He should've watched where he was going. 

"P*ick," I muttered. Then I picked up my bucket. 

"Let me help you," his deep voice said. He gently picked up the mop. I snatched it from his hand.

"I don't need your help," I snapped. 

He clenched his teeth. I stared into his familiar dark eyes. I knew those eyes. Hades.

He was Hades son. Hades told me that he rarely visits.

I bowed my head. "I'm so sorry, sir. I did not know who you are," I apologized. Hades always scolded me on being rude and respect. 

"It's fine. I'm Nico, what is your name, Angel?"

"Misty," I spoke quietly and kept my head down. I felt rough fingers on my chin pushing it up to look in his brown/black eyes. 

He cocked his head to the side, "like water. Like your eyes."

He smiled slowly at the connection. I didn't know if I was named because of that. 

I was kind of enjoying his attention. I didn't get attention often. 

"I can get you some more clothes. I can ask my father," he said.

I was brought out of his trance. If he asked I would get punished and Hades would think I'm ungrateful for this 'freedom' as he said. Freedom here is following orders and getting to walk around the castle. 

"No, get away from me," I snapped. I gathered my supplies and rushed off to get my work done.

*****

My room was small with only a bed and bared window. I opened the door exhausted from work. I was surprised to see an outfit, similar to my wet one on the bed. I picked up the note and read it.

These are for you. It's the same as what you were wearing, Hades won't know. See you soon. I will get you out of here ~ Nico

I was confused but I still changed and hide the wet clothes under the bed. I hide the note in my pocket. Then i laid down and slept on the uncomfortable bed. 

*****

I woke up with a jolt. Someone slammed on the door.

"Hades has requested you," a guard hollered. I got up and quickly walked to Hades throne room.

I walked in and was immediately worried. Hades was staring at me. Nico was next to him. His eyes piercing mine.

"You are going with him," Hades announced. 

"Where sir?" I asked. I was excited. Anywhere away from here would be great.

"You will become his personal space up in the human world. Let anyone know of us and I will kill you. Disobey him I will kill you. Let anyone know of what you are to him and I will kill you. You may leave," Hades waved me off. 

Nico took a hold of my wrist and pulled me from the room. Once in the hallway he released my wrist.

"I told you I'd get you out of here," he said quietly. I stared up at him. Hapiness exploded in my chest. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. I felt like crying. This was the first time I had been shown affection. 

I wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you," I said gratefully.