Chapter 16: Barbies, Truth, And Thunder

"Come on... You can't sit around feeling sorry forever. He's still in a coma and no change since you last went up there. You need to get out," Ash said, sitting on Brandon's lap.

They have been together for about 2 weeks now and they couldn't be happier. I couldn't be happier.

"I told you, I can't! I have to watch Chloe. She's my responsibility from now, until Zane is ok," I rolled my eyes.

"Kodi, Ash is right, you need to get out. Ash and I will watch Chloe, ok?" Brandon looked at Ash and she nodded, then they both looked at me.

I groaned, "Fine! Whatever. I'll call Luke," I got out my phone and saw Brandon and Ash grinning at me. Grrrrr.

"Hello?"

"Luke, I'm being kicked out of my house. Want to go do something?"

"Umm, sure. I'll be there soon," before he hung up I heard a female voice, "Lucasss, hurry up! I'm waaaittinngg."

OMG He's in bed with some chick! Yep, that's my Lucas for you.

I laughed and put my phone up and walked upstairs to Chloe's room.

I knocked then walked in to see Chloe playing barbies, "Hey sissy!"

I smiled at her comment, "Hey Chlo, I'm going to get out for a little while, Ash and Brandon are going to watch you, ok?"

"Ok, Sissy!" She smiled then continued playing and I walked out.

I heard honking and I walked towards the door, but stopped and smiled when I saw Ash and Brandon laying next to each other, watching The Notebook. They're so cute together.

I opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind me. I saw Luke's car. I smiled and jumped into the passenger seat, "Hey, Babe!"

Luke smiled, "Hey, where do you want to go?"

"I don't care, I just need to get out."

He nodded and pulled out of my driveway, "So how's Zane doing?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip, "He woke up yesterday. H-He told me to take care of Chloe..."

He looked at me, "Hey, it's ok. Let's go to the park, ok?"

I nodded and brought my legs up in the seat and looked out of the window. We passed by the mall and I saw Karmen, Penn, and Taylor walking out, laughing about something. Does she even care her boyfriend is in a coma? Does she even know?

"Luke, pull over," I looked at him and he did, then I got out and jogged over to the girls.

Karmen looked at my choice of clothes, sweat pants, a worn t-shirt, and converse, and scoffed, "If you came back to win me over about what you said a couple weeks ago, I'm over it, but you could have at least choose better clothes to do so."

I glared at her, "Listen her you fucking whore, I hate you and don't give a flying fuck about what you think, ok? I came because I wanted you to know that your boyfriend, Zane, is in a damn coma. Not like you even care, but I thought you should know." I had my fists clenched.

She looked unaffected, "I know, I just don't care. Not like I even like him, his just my boy toy. Actually, Penn, Taylor, and I share him," she had a playful smirk that probably charmed most of the guys, but I'm not a guy.

"Oh really? Because last time I checked Penn was fucking Lucas," I saw Penn's cheeks light up, "Oh well, but thought you should know," I then spun on my heels and walked back to Luke's car, my fists clenching and unclenching.

Lucas looked at me but didn't say anything, he simply drove away from the mall and towards the park.

He pulled up to the park and we got out. I smiled remembering the little duck. I felt hands on my waist and I saw Luke smirking. He then picked me up bridal style and started running to the swings.