Chapter 17: Grief, Desk Ladies, And Little Windows

I woke up feeling like crap. My face was sticky, my stomach felt fluttery, and I felt like I had a bruise on my neck.

Then, everything came flooding in. That I had been crying, the thunder last night, and Lucas. Crap. Uggghhhh.

I rolled over and found my phone. 3 texts and 7 missed calls from Lucas. 1 from my dad...

I read the texts.

Luke: Kodi, I'm sorry! Please!

Luke: Please text me back, or call... You shouldn't be alone in the rain.

Luke: Please, Ko....

I groaned and threw my phone across the room, hitting the wall. Well, that should do it...

I flopped out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I was wearing only Luke's shirt. It showed the hickey Luke gave me and my frizzy hair from the rain... Ugh, I need to change.

I brushed my hair and teeth then washed my face. I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I pulled out a Black Veil Brides t-shirt and a pair of batman pajama pants. I stripped and pulled on my clothes then grabbed one of Luke's hoodies, which happened to be batman, and slide it on. Yes, this is how I deal with grief. Hoodies and pajama pants, usually ice cream too.

Today is Sunday, so I go back to school tomorrow. They didn't have me go back last week because I "needed to rest". I've been taking Chloe to school and keeping up with Mrs.Walker. She's been giving me her best wishes.

I walked out of my room and peeked into Chloe's room. She was still sleeping. I shut the door and walked downstairs. Ash and Brandon were nowhere to be seen.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge.

Kodi,

Brandon and I left after you passed out. You still have some explaining to do, but we'll talk about that at school tomorrow.

-Ash

At least I'm free today.

I heard the house phone ring and jumped. Damn, why can't I be left alone?

I walked over and answered it, "Hello?"

"Ms.Hollis?"

Grr, "Yes, this is her."

"I'm calling from Kennedy Hospital, regarding a Zane Matthews."

Zane! "Yes?! What about him?!"

"He is in much better condition," he paused, waiting, "He has waken up and we thought we should inform you."

OH MY GOD! HE'S AWAKE! "Thank you so much!" I hung up and ran upstairs to Chloe's room, "Chlo! Wake up!"

She groaned, "Whyyy? It's Sunday..."

I was grinning, "Zane woke up."

Her eyes shot open, "Really?"

I nodded, "Get dressed and we'll go see him!"

She jumped out of bed and found some clothes. I walked out, letting her get dressed and skipped, yes skipped, downstairs. Yes, I was happy. I'm glad he's ok. Will I probably be pissed at him after this visit? Duh, but I get to be happy for a little while, and Chloe, God I wish you could have saw her face.

She came running down the stairs singing, "Bubby"s coming home, bubb'ys coming home, yes, bubby's coming hoooome!"

I giggled and ushered her out the door, "Come on, we want to be the first one's there!"

We jumped in the car and began the ride to the hospital. It wasn't long, just seemed that was because of the inticipation. When we finally got there, Chloe looked like her head was fixing to explode. we got out and walked into the hospital. The little lady behind the desk looked at us, probably looking at my oversized hoodie and pajama pants, "Yes, may I help you?"

"Zane Matthews?"

She typed something on her keyboard then looked up, "Yes, he's accepting visitors, but only one at a time."

I looked at the lady, "What room?"

"47D," Then she gave us visitor stickers and began typing again.

We started walking towards the rooms. 42D, 43D, 44D, 45D ,46D, 47B. My heart stopped for a moment when we reached his room. I could see part of him through the little window on the door. He was talking to a nurse, then the nurse came out, "You can go in now."

I looked at Chloe and smiled, "Go see your bubby, Chlo."

She squeled and ran into her brother's room. I was watching through the little window and I saw her face light up and climb into his bed. She gave him a hug and they talked for a little while. After a little while, I saw her nod then run back out her, "He wants to talk to you, sissy."

My eyes widened, "Why?"

She shrugged then sat down on a chair. I walked up to the lady behind the desk at this area, "Can you watch my little sister why I go in?"

She nodded then began typing something. I walked away and touched the handle of the door. I don't want to... Do I have to? I looked at Chloe, "Go!"

I shook my head, that girl... Then I walked in.

____________________________________________________

A/N

Herro :3 I'm Working On Another Story As I'm Still Writing This One. I Am Not Publishing The One I'm Working On, YET. I Haven't Decided Yet... Because I Don't Want To Have To Be Working On Both. It's Called 'Saving The Wynter' And It's Definatley A Different Writing Style Than 'Love Game'. I May Just Upload It When I Finish 'Love Game' Or May Never. Idk Yet.

Well, As The Topic Of Finishing 'Love Game', I Am No Where Done Yet. Not Even The Middle QUITE Yet. Yes, This Story Is A Little Unorganized, But I Know Where I'm Taking It. The Middle Will Be The Deal. HINT HINT. That Was A HInt On When The Deal Should Come. >:3

Well, Screamo Popcorn, My Lovelies <3

Pogonophobia, The Fear Of Beards