Chapter 24

Chapter 24

As I looked at the scene before me, tears welled up in my eyes. The two people in the elevator separated from one another. "V-Vanessa. I-I can explain," Kim said. She looked at me with guilt in her eyes, but I couldn't stand looking at her. My sister. My own sister had betrayed me. I glared at her and I could see the glimmer of tears starting to form in her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak to me but I stopped her.

"Save it, Kim. I don't want to hear your petty little lies," I said towards her with venom laced in each of my words. It looked like it hurt a lot to her and it hurt me a bit to see my effect on my sister. She looked down and then looked up at Kendall.

"I guess I'll have to go then. Bye Kendall." She paused and took a hesitant look at me. "See you later Vanessa."

As she left, i stepped inside the elevator and stood at a distance from Kendall. The ride up to my apartment was dead silent. You could practically hear a mouse cut the cheese. When we reached the 3rd level, the elevator made a ding and the doors slid open. I started to walk out, using long strides to make it to my apartment faster and to avoid Kendall.

But i could hear him behind me, trying to catch up to me. "Vanessa. Vanessa," he said over and over again, trying to get my attention. "Vanessa talk to me!" I unlocked my apartment door and opened it, then i slammed it right on Kendall's face.

I walked to my bedroom as fast as I can and I was lucky I did because right when i shut the door, fresh, salty tears started to roll down my cheeks.

~*~

When I had finally stopped crying and wiped away the last tears, I exited my bedroom to get a snack and watch some TV. As I walked out, I noticed the tv was already on and the couch was occupied by a familiar brunette. Crap.

I speed walked to the kitchen area and grabbed a banana from the bowl on the counter. I tried not to make a sound as I did this, so I could quickly go back to my sanctuary (aka my bedroom). "Hey Vanessa can you pass me an apple and some yogurt?" How the hell did he manage to notice me?

"S-sure," i said.

I got an apple, washed it, and then walked towards the fridge to grab the yogurt for James. As I turned around, I jumped ten feet in the air. James was sitting on one of the stools across from where I was. As I handed him his snacks, I tried to avoid his eyes. But James, being James managed to lock his eyes with mine.

As soon as he noticed my puffy, red eyes, he walked over to me and comforted me. "What happened?"

I shook my head, but James was almost as stubborn as Kendall. He guided me towards the couch. He looked at me with a worried expression and asked, "What happened?" I don't know why, but the event replayed in my mind and my eyes started to water.

I opened my mouth to answer James' question, but all that came out were my hiccups. I bit my lip to try to calm myself.

James saw my problem, so he wrapped his arms around my smaller body, and let me rest my head on his shoulder. "Sh, it's okay. Just calm down. We don't have to talk about if you don't want to. Ok?" I nodded and James rubbed my back. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, "Everything's going to be okay."

We sat like that for what seemed like hours. We sat on the couch. He laid on the side of the couch and I sat on his lap. He rocked us back and forth and whispered calming words in my ear. I felt safe and secure.

I didn't even hear the apartment door open and unlock, until it was too late. "Vanessa, look I'm so so-"

The person speaking stopped mid sentence. Then there was a silence, a thud, and then footsteps. Finally, I heard a slam from Kim's bedroom door.

Crap.

----

Anyway, aha I hate doing this. Writing an A/N after an amazing chapter, but it just has to be done. Ugh. So i apologize for any mistakes found, (it's late and I'm so tired and I didn't get time to read it over completely.) Thanks for reading <3