chapter 16

I relaxed on the couch and turned on the TV. Kendall sat next to me as he let me rest my head on his lap. He played with my hair as I watched an episode of Switched At Birth. I laughed at some of the events happening and Kendall just rolled my eyes cause I kept moving. 

   I heard the door open and both Kendall and I's head whipped to look at who entered. It was just James. He stopped like a deer caught in headlights and we all burst into a fit of laughter cause we were being so weird. 

  I turned my attention back to the screen and I almost crapped my pants when my phone rang in my lap. Kendall looked at me weird and laughed. I rolled my eyes and pressed enter to talk to whoever it was. "Hello?" 

"Hey sis. Um can you come over ot the police station? The detectives want more info from us about who kidnapped Ethan," Kim's voice said in the phone. I nodded and ended the call. I hopped to my feet and grabbed Kendall to stand with me. 

"Let's go people!" I yelled. James and Kendall chuckled and followed me out of the apartment and to James' car. 

When we arrived at the police station, I started to get a bit nervous. My palms became sweaty and a lump started form in my throat. We entered the station and they guided us to a dark room. 

One by one they asked us questions and it was finally my turn. I entered the room and sat down in the chair. The detective asked me a few questions and blinked away the tears that wanted to pour out. 

My phone rang loudly throughout the room and both the detective and i wear surprised. "I'm sorry," I say as I look at my phone. The detective glared at me and made a gesture for me to give her the phone. I reluctantly nodded and placed the phone on the table and slid it to the detective. 

She gave me an innocent smile and her eyes swept left to right while she read my new text message. "Who's J?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said, shaking my head. 

"When did he start to text you?" she asked. 

I took in a deep breathe. "As soon as Ethan was kidnapped, he started to text me. He would know what I did and some other stuff. He also said he was close to me and was watching me," I confessed, my voice getting higher by the word. 

"Has he threatened you or something?"

My breathe shook and I gulped. "H-he said that if I ever told anyone that he would.....he would....k-kill E-Ethan!" I broke down into tears. The detective hugged me as she let me cry. 

"Don't worry. We'll make sure to find the guy and keep you and your loved ones safe," she whispered into my ear. I nodded but somehow I didn't think it was believable. 

When I calmed down, we all drove home. I locked myself in my rooms and closed all the lights except one of the lamps on my nightstand. I pulled my knees up and silently cried myself to a deep, dark, torturous sleep. 

Okay I know, I know 'why such a small chapter after a long wait?' well i hand this idea for this chapter and I thought it would be longer but I guess not.  So I'm sorry.  And I'll make sure to update as soon as possible for you guys. <33

Comment/Vote/ Love...

LATERZ