☆2: Happy Birthday☆

I was in the center of complete darkness. However I could still see myself, even though it should have been impossible. It felt almost as if I was shining in this darkness. This is so strange... I looked around to find anything recognizable yet there was nothing in sight. Wasn't I just in bed a while ago? Am I dreaming? The moment I thought that a light seemed to have turned on. It flashed in my direction which caused me to squint. Any type of light was better than no light at all right? I ran towards the light that seemed to glow brighter and brighter with each step I took. This place seemed endless. I haven't hit any walls or any objects for that matter. It's just a pointless dark dream with a light in the distance. I stopped once three figures came to sight. They were the same figures from yesterday's dream. They stood in front of the light source, making it hard to see them.

"Who. Who are you?" My voice escaped from my mouth. Whoa, I can talk this time! The figures made no movement for a few seconds. I figured they must have been taken back from my sudden vocalization. However, the figure on the left extended their arm out to me. It was an odd gesture but without hesitation I reached out for their hand. I wanted to know what was going on, honestly by this point I was a little bit frightened. But my curiosity was greater than my fear.

I tried to speak again but this time my voice wasn't coming out. No, I was forced not to speak. Each time I tried my voice either wouldn't come out or my mouth was forced shut. The figure on the right placed a finger on their lips, the universal sign to stay quiet. When my hand couldn't reach the figure on the left's hand, I decided to bring it back to my side. Once my hand was down by my side, the figures faded except for the small floating creature in the middle. It floated in the center and made no movement either. Though, I could tell it was looking down in my direction. "Who are you?" My voice suddenly was audible again which startled me a bit. The floating creature lifted its head and I could see its black beady eyes. What is that? My heart was thumping rapidly. Yet those eyes seemed very familiar in a way... But the moment I tried to focus on where I've seen those eyes before my head began to spin. Slowly I started to sink down into the darkness below me as if it were quicksand. Huh? I look down and noticed that the ground was covered in cards. What are these? I reached for a card but the moment I touched it it melted into darkness. Then the rest of the cards melted into the darkness and I was sinking in faster. I panicked and reached out for the floating creature. "Help me." I cry out softly. I felt a tear run down my cheek. The little creature looks down at me and opens his mouth. His mouth moves as if he was talking but no words came out. Not the slightest sound came out. I was shoulders deep in the dark floor. I took out one of my arms as if I was expecting the creature to reach for it and pull me up. Yet it didn't move. It still stared at me. My head was slowing being engulfed and I knew that soon I will be gone. Not sure what that meant but I knew it wouldn't be good. I couldn't see anymore. My arm was the only part of me that was sticking out of this but I could feel it sinking in. I'm going to die.. I just know it. This is how it ends. Just as I thought it, I felt a hand grab my hand and pull me straight up. There was a bright light.

And in that instant I woke up. I squinted since the sunlight pouring into my room was too bright compared to my dark dream. My eyes soon adjusted and I saw my mother sitting beside my bed. I noticed she was holding my hand. I arched an eyebrow at the sight but my eyes caught movement beside her. My father was kneeling next to her smiling. My mother was smiling as well, but her's seemed to be one of her sad smiles. It was the kind of smile she gives when she doesn't want to cry or she was holding back tears. "M-mom? What's wrong?" My voice was softer than expected and cracked half way through. I cleared my throat and tried again. "Mom! What's wrong!" This time I accidentally shouted and it sounded the opposite of worry. She was caught off guard for a second and then regained her posture. She giggled at my attempt to be worried.