☆11: A Day with Naomi☆

Today was the day that Kero and I were visiting Naomi's house for the first time. It wasn't during our vacation like we originally planned. She called me the day before asking for a favor, so I agreed to meet her at her house. She didn't really say what this favor was through the phone, 'It's better in person. I feel a bit embarrassed talking about it through the phone.' She said in her exact word. The curiosity burned in my mind. I really wanted to know what this 'Special Mission' was, Kero was curious as well since she requested for him to come along. Even though he was in my bag I could hear him singing in my bag. I couldn't tell what he was singing but it was becoming an earworm to me. I noticed I started to hum along. It was a simple tune and he kept singing it over and over. I was a bit annoyed but it was catchy! The trees nearby where getting thicker and thicker. I was trying to look around for the house. "She did say it was kinda big right?" Kero flew out of my bag. I nodded in reply to him. I showed him a small paper that had Naomi's address written on it. Kero looked over my shoulder to see the address. He reads it. "Whoa! No way!" He gasped. I looked to him, my eyebrow arched. He flew upwards and then pointed. "It's right here. I've been here before!" Kero exclaimed. He was excited but I couldn't tell why. "I'm super happy you're friends with Naomi!" Kero flew back down to me with a huge grin. Ok now I'm super weirded out. How does Kero know this place? Kero took me to the front gate. I arched an eyebrow at him. I was going to question it but then we arrived to her house.

"It's huge!" I was surprised. I didn't know how to get in. I looked around to see if there was a way to get in. Kero looked at me and swiftly pressed a button. It was a a bit hidden. "Kero have you been here before?" Kero nods. "When?" I was now getting very very curious at this point. He looked away and shrugged.

"I don't know. It's been about thirty years already. My memory is kinda fuzzy." Kero slips back into my bag. What a great conversation we just had. Oldie. I laughed to myself. I heard a Buzz sound. It came from where Kero pressed. I walked towards it. "Uh? Hello?" I spoke.

"Daidouji Residence." A voice spoke. I instantly knew it was Naomi's voice. I was a bit taken back. Daidouji? Isn't her last name Akaname? I didn't know what to do. How do I reply?

"Just speak!" Kero shouted from his bag. I looked at the device he had pressed. I wasn't use to this old system, or was it new? I've never seen something like this before so I wouldn't really know. Plus I've never been to another person's house before.

"Uh.. It's Li." I spoke up. The gates instantly opened. "Thank you?" I was feeling a bit awkward.

"Come in! Sorry Sora-chan!" She welcomed me in. I walked in to find out I was barely at the front yard. It's huge on the inside! And this is just the yard! I was amazed that she lived in such a big place. Great I feel out of place here! I looked down at my plain white dress while this place made it seem like I should be wearing an expensive ball gown. I felt like a peasant to be honest. Naomi should be considered a princess. Well I guess the color matches the white flowers around me. We finally reached the house. I knocked on the door and some women opened the door. They bowed as I walked in and I awkwardly bowed back. I looked up to see Naomi standing at the top of a set of stairs. Her dress was pretty basic as well. Phew. I guess I do fit in. Naomi holds her hand out in a gesture of an invitation. I walked up the stairs towards her. "I'm glad you found this place. I was kinda scared that you'd get lost." Naomi was a bit embarrassed.

"This place is huge." I took in the beauty of the mansion. Centuries ago this could have been considered a castle for the royals. I don't see why Naomi wasn't considered a princess, she would be a perfect princess. I could picture it already. The women seemed like maids too... Which struck me odd because what teen girl has their own personal maids? "Are you rich?" I blurted out without giving it a second thought. I instantly regretted it since I didn't want her to think I was envious. I did want to feel like a princess as well, but I wasn't envious that she was basically one. She didn't seem to be bothered by the sudden question. Instead she shrugged in response.