☆12: The Hot Air Balloon trip☆

The wheels on this bus were pretty bumpy. I can see why they made a song about it. I was sitting next to Naomi like always. We were seat partners after all which means whenever we went on a field trip we had to sit next to each other no matter what. Naomi loved it because she didn't get along with other people as much. She was pretty shy towards others, but she was getting over it a bit. Today's field trip was to the hot air balloon field. They were open seasonally, so Ms. Fujimichi had convinced the school's headmaster on letting us go as a fieldtrip. For "cultural" reasons, which it could count as that. I think the western cultures do this kind of stuff. It's so cool we get to experience it! I had the window seat again so I typically had to look out the window. I enjoyed looking out the window to see the scenery. Naomi didn't mind. She sometimes got motion sickness from looking out too much. Luckily our last field trip to the Zoo didn't make her sick. It would have been bad and a trip ruiner for her.

"This will be fun." Naomi smiled. I turned to look at her bright face.

"Yeah! It'll be like using Fly but without the card." I smiled. I didn't know if that made sense but she understood. I heard a grumble behind me.

"Oh yeah. Cause that's sooo fun!" Miura muttered with a sarcastic smile. Daijin gave him a weird stare. I looked over to them and Miura instantly looked out the window to avoid eye contact. Daijin flashed me a cheeky smile.

"It is going to be fun! Being in the air with no one around." Daijin was in awe. "So romantic, don't you think. Sora?" Daijin winked and I arched my eyebrow at him.

"Well, I guess it would be." I tried to think about it. Well when I fly with Fly it's not really romantic. It's just flying. What could make it romantic really? I sat back down to think about it. I didn't notice Naomi was recording me until I was going to ask her what makes flying romantic. When I saw the camera I instantly froze up. "Uh.. You're recording?" I smiled nervously. She stops and places the camera next to her cheek.

"Memories! Our first time on air balloons!" Her eyes sparkled. Naomi was excited about things like this. Especially more since we are catching cards together. In a way.

"Ok class. This will be a group assignment." Ms. Fujimichi called out once the bus finally stopped. "I will appoint you all in groups. Once you are placed in a group you may get off the bus. Please wait outside the bus in your group. I will explain the rest once groups are appointed. Let's begin." Ms. Fujimichi started calling out names. Students started to unload group by group. "Miura, Skai. Zen, Daijin. Li, Sora. And Akaname, Naomi. You are all in a group." Miura grunted but Daijin cheered.

"We are in a group!" Daijin got up and helped Naomi and I up too. Miura sighed and kept walking to get out. "Hey Skai! Wait for us!" Daijin ran out the bus too. Naomi and I walked. Rei and Aiko watched us leave, Wait we've never been in separate groups from them before. Rei and Aiko waved a bit sadly. Well as long as they are still with each other. Ms. Fujimichi knows not to separate them. Aiko is way too shy.

Once everyone was unloaded from the bus our teacher did a small headcount. She took roll once more, that was also Daijin's fault. On our very first field trip with Ms. Fujimichi, Daijin thought it would be funny to wander off when the teacher wasn't looking. He ended up getting on the wrong bus. Luckily they both went to the same school, but Ms. Fujimichi freaked out. Now she does excessive amounts of head counts coming and going on field trips. Once everyone was accounted for she cleared her throat. "Ok, you all will be able to go on your own. We will met up right here at this spot by six in the afternoon. Ok?" She asks for confirmation.

"Yes, teacher!" We all answered in unison. She was very pleased.

"Ok! Now have fun! And try to learn a thing or two!" With that last word we all went our separate ways.