☆24: Sora and the Nutcracker☆

》》Sora's P.O.V《《

》Next Day at Penguin Park《

"Sora watch out!" Naomi shrieked in horror as a large purple dragon starts to blast fire in my direction. I didn't have enough time to call out Watery to protect me and Shield was currently protecting Naomi and Daijin. Luckily I didn't need any of the cards. Right before the fire hit me it stopped midair. Naomi covered her eyes with her hands but she peeked through the cracks of in between her fingers. She arched her eyebrow at the scene and I shrug.

"Whoa man! That's so cool!" Daijin shouted in amazement. He tried to get out of Shield's forcefield but it didn't let him. Soon the dragon and all it's companions began to slowly vanish which was pretty odd.

"Sora you need to seal it now!" Kero pointed his paw at the dragon. "Thats the only way to seal away Create!" I stumbled at first since I got caught off guard but I gripped my sealing wand and swung it towards the purple dragon.

"Return to the first true form you were made in, Clow card!" I tapped the dragon and then all the surrounding creatures got absorbed into a glowing card. Once the card was fully formed it floated down to me. Shield then returned to me as well once all sign of danger was gone. Daijin handed me a pen this time since he wanted to be more useful during card captures. I signed the card and then saw a flash. I turned and saw Naomi smiling brightly but I just couldn't find my own smile. Ever since yesterday I've been feeling very strange. There was one person missing from our group all because I just couldn't get the courage to press "call". I was thankful that Naomi didn't call him and neither did Daijin, though Daijin was in the dark about what happened. I just couldn't tell him and it seemed like Naomi was wanting us to tell him, well if we wanted to. Naomi looked at the picture and frowned at it. She looked up and saw my serious expression. She sighed and patted my back. I felt my face get red instantly and the sudden urge to cry. The memory instantly came back to me.

'Sora..." I could tell Skai was working up the courage to tell me something. It was strange since I could see his face was bright red. My heart thumped the same way it did for the past few months. I still couldn't understand why. It wasn't the same way with Mikado though. This heart thumping was different. "Sora I'm in love with you." My heart skipped the moment he said those words. I knew what he meant instantly but I just stood there in dumbstruck. Since when? I wanted to ask but he spoke again. 'I'm romantically in love with you Sora.' Yes I know... I thought. But this time my body reacted the way I wanted it to since the first time he said it. My heart felt heavier ever since. Naomi walked me home since Skai left immediately and honestly I was glad he did. I didn't have an answer for him. Yes I had feelings for him, but were they romantic like his? I thought of all the times he tried to tell me something, was that it? Had he been trying to confess all this time? How could I have been so oblivious to his feelings. I always thought of him as a friend that I assumed he saw me the same way.

'How long have you known?' I asked Naomi. She thought about it and then looked at me.

'Since the very beginning honestly.' She replied but that didn't really give me a good time estimate. How long as he felt like this for me? Is what I really wanted to ask. I must have shown it in my face since she sighed. 'Probably since fifth grade.' My eyes grew in shock. That long?! I stopped in my tracks and she placed a hand on my shoulder. 'Hey, don't overthink it Sora-san...' My heart thumped again. Too late.

Daijin snapped his fingers in front of my face to take me out of my mind. I blinked a bit to officially bring me back. I looked at him with an arched eyebrow and he grins. "Thought we lost you there." He chuckles and then looks around. "Though it feels kinda lonely without Skai. Why didn't we invite him? Are you two fighting again?" He nudges my rib for an answer but I just couldn't tell him the truth. It felt awkward. 'So the reason why Skai isn't here with us is because he confessed his love to me and if I invite him now I will feel pressured to either accept or reject his feelings.' Pretty much it's my fault. I sigh and shrugged instead. I didn't want to get into that with Daijin. "Now that I think about it, you have been avoiding him all day today at school. Did soemthing happen?" Daijin glances at Naomi who was giving him a death glare. He gulps and then raises his hands. "I surrender! My bad! Don't listen to me." He takes a step back while Naomi takes a step closer to me.