☆18: A New Teammate☆

》School《

Naomi and I were reviewing footage from the past three months. All our card captures, it was amazing seeing them through Naomi's camera lens. The videos were in a surprisngly good quality too. Plus we had a good excuse in case anyone came by us and saw the videos, we would told them it was "special effects". I thought about all the cards we caught: Power, Mist, Wave, Big, Little, Voice, Sand, Flower, Rain and Through. However, Mist, Through and Voice belonged to Skai. Which I was grateful for because those cards were incredibly difficult to catch, if he wasn't there I don't think I would have been able to capture them. Together we had 33 cards. I still wasn't really sure how many cards there were in total, but Kero said we are almost done. I really need to ask him. Plus Miura-kun was teaching me how to strategize under pressure. He would use his own magic along with his own cards to help me boost up my own magic. I was getting better at planning just like he would. Plus Mirror and I have had a lot of time together, she kept me company whenever Mom and Dad were gone. She would help me with chores or just hang around. She was also like my messenger between the cards and I.

"The cards say they are really grateful that you are the one who is capturing us." Mirror told me one time while we were washing dishes. I was really the one washing them while she dried them off with a towel. Hearing that put a smile on my face. The fact my cards liked me was a really good sign. "Please, don't hesitate to use us. We really enjoy coming to your aid." Mirror turned and bowed as she returned back into a card. Luckily we were done washing dishes that I was able to grab her card. I started at her for a bit then returned her back into the clow book.

So everything was going great with my cards. I felt like Miura and I were bonding better over the last few months as well. Since he was there for basically every capture. Naomi gave me his number after the time I gave him my get well gift. Ever since I've been keeping in contact with him. Whenever I sensed a card I made sure to call him first. He seemed grateful for that.

Also, things at school were becoming better. Since Rei and I were able to settle the misunderstanding we had a few months back. I explained to her countless times that I was only wanting to tell Miura my dream. At first she didn't believe it but after a while she must have realized I wasn't lying. I told her I didn't have feelings for Miura so she shouldn't worry. But she told me she doesn't want anything to do with Miura-kun. I felt like it was my fault but she only told me not to worry about it. Since then, we haven't really spoken as much as we did before. Rei was also avoiding Aiko, so Aiko was hanging out with us more especially during lunch time. We didn't mind, though now we had to limit what we talked about which was mostly about the choreography for the Christmas play we were going to have two weeks from now. Naomi mentioned that we would probably need a replacement dancer, but before I could express any concern she reassured me that she had someone in mind.

We continued to watch the videos on her camera. Naomi admired every single moment of each video. She would point out every little detail on each costume, from the stitching to the material she had used. I didn't understand most of what she said but I would nod every time she spoke just to show I was listening. "Oh! I don't think we've reviewed this one." She clicks onto a video called "Power".
The video starts with Miura running towards me. We were teaming up on the Power card. It was an intense capture since Power kept lounging things at us. The only reason we were able to catch it was thanks to Miura. He used Time to stop it and well the rest wasn't really special. Though he did give me the card when it flew to him. "Li-san that's Power card!" Miura shouts through the camera's speakers. "How about we don't watch the rest of that!" The real life Miura grabbed the camera with one hand, while the other covered his mouth. I jumped in my seat out of fright. I didn't expect him to be in school so early. Naomi and were in charge of the morning cleaning and we arrived way too early so we were watching videos to pass time. I guess it was almost time for school.