☆22: The Fish of Ice☆

It was finally Tuesday. The day I promised Skai I would tutor him. For the past two days I made sure to pay extra attention in class, just so I could come up with good study material. I also wrote down parts and equations that I didn't really understand. I really wanted this to be more of a study group than a tutoring since I did want some help too. Though, it would have been nicer to ask Naomi and Daijin to join us, but she made it very clear that she already had plans and Daijin had work. Man, he really is needing the money if he's constantly working. These two days really took their toll on me, but I still burned with motivation. There was no way I was going to let my anxiety and fatigue get the best of me. Skai seemed to be tired as well. When the final bell rang and we were official dismissed by the teacher. Ms. Fujimichi then looks over to my direction and says, "Be careful tonight. A storm is coming." I was confused since it was sunny outside with no clouds whatsoever. She then smiles and walks out the classroom. I shrug it off and turn around to Skai with a wide smile. Game time!

"So I'll head over to the store and buy the snacks." I slammed my hands on his desk. This made him jump from his seat. I giggled, then felt like someone was glaring at me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Rei scowling at us. Oh no.. I forgot about Rei... "Ok! See you in a bit!" I needed to get out of there, and quick. I tried my best to avoid eye contact with her as I walked out the room. I could hear her talking to him but their words were becoming mumbles as I walked down the hallway. Poor Skai... Rei really likes him, but he likes Naomi.. But Naomi likes Daijin. Ugh This whole romance business is just too difficult to keep up with! I felt my head spin as I thought about it. I just hope that Rei can move on soon. Just so she can be happy too. She deserves happiness just as much as anyone else does. I put on my outdoor shoes and glanced at my wallet. Oh no, I probably don't have enough for snacks. Luckily I have some money at home. I should probably go get it. I then ran home.

》Sora's House《

Mom and Dad weren't home when I arrived so naturally I check the cork board hung in our kitchen to see if they left any notes. My dad obviously had work around this time so I was really looking for a note from my mother and when I found it I read it immediately. Apparently she had another playdate set up right after school for Hikaru. She would be coming home really late so I was on my own for dinner. Meh, I'll be at Skai's house anyways so I should probably buy something for the both of us. I walk up the stairs when I hear a few male voices coming from the direction of my room. I stop dead in my tracks to make sure I heard correctly. No one is suppose to be home... The voices spoke again. Oh no.. What if its an intruder?! I grasp my sealing key in case I need it. I'll use Sleep to give me time to call the police.. That way no one gets hurt and I'll be safe... I gulp. I pulled out Sleep from my bag as I walked closer to my room the voices got louder. They are in my room... I poke the door and luckily it opened without making a sound. I peeked in and saw Kero sitting on my bed while the TV was on. "Kero?" I tilted my head. He flew up in panic. He probably didn't think anyone would be home for a while.

"Sora!" His voice expressed the horror he felt. He pressed pause on the remote control and then returned to looking at me. "So what's up? You're back, I thought you had a whatchamacallit..." He spins his stubby little paw. I chuckled. As I put Sleep away I walked towards my desk to grab the rest of my money.

"It's called a study group, Kero. It's where a group of friends get together to study." I put the money in my wallet and then glanced over my shoulder. Kero didn't seem too interested in what I was saying until I spoke again. "It won't really be a study group since I'll only be with Skai." This caught his attention.

"You mean that brat who fought you for the cards?!" He scowled at me the moment I said his name. "Wait a sec... I thought his name was Miura." His expression became unrecognizable. I rolled my eyes.