☆21: The Mysterious Note☆

The next morning Naomi and I had the whole house for ourselves. My dad went to work while my mother had a playdate with Hikaru. We were both out in the kitchen, she sat at the table while I cooked. Naomi brought out an outfit from her backpack and began to stitch something to it. I looked over the counter and smiled to see how concentrated she was. Today I was going to meet Miura -oops I mean-, Skai at Penguin Park so we could investigate the area where Maze was caught. Naomi hadn't asked about it at all nor did she mention it one bit, but she did seem a bit disappointed that I didn't invite her.

"Hey, do you want to come along?" I finally built up the courage to ask her. I wanted to make sure she was alright. I didn't want to leave her behind nor make her feel like she wasn't important to me because she was. She's one of my closest friends and I would hate to lose her. She looked up from working on the outfit she had. She thought about it for a second and then nodded.

"Sure. I mean, I know I don't have magical powers," She looked down to the outfit again and poked at it. She wore a very gloomy expression when she spoke. I could tell that it bothered her a bit. Skai and I were the only ones with magic and she was being left out. I could have sworn tears were starting to form in her eyes.

"Hey! Don't be sad." I walk over to her. She rubbed her eyes the moment I got closer. She was crying... I thought. I hugged her and she let out a soft sniff. I couldn't tell how long she was crying but it must have been for a short while. Her eyes weren't red from crying so it wasn't too long. Thankfully. "Come on, Daijin doesn't have any magic either..." I tried to come up with something to make her feel better.

"Yeah, but he's not your best friend. Plus he just recently joined our little group..." It wasn't working. I continued to hug her. "I mean, why do you keep me around anyways?" Her voice was barely audible. I pulled back to look at her face.

"No! Don't think negatively." My face was full of concern for my best friend. "You're my best friend, that's why I keep you around. You're an important person to me." I told her. It made her smile a bit, but I knew there was more work to be done. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have these-" I grab the outfit she's working on "-nice outfits! They are perfect for card catching. If it weren't for you, I'd feel pretty lame catching a card." I was being honest and she must have sensed it. She smiled even brighter. Yes! I cheered her up.

"Fine fine." She pulls me in for a hug. "But once you find your true important person, don't forget about me... Please." I didn't understand what she was talking about. My true important person? I pulled back again and smiled.

"Of course! Though you truly are my important person!" I flashed her a huge grin. She giggled.

"Not for long though..." She whispered. She had that same grim expression for a second. When she saw me staring she shook her head. "Nothing." She beamed with forced delight. I knew she didn't want me to hear that, so I didn't push it. I simply smiled halfheartedly. I really wish you told me everything, Naomi... "Hey, didn't you say you'd meet him at 12?" She hinted the clock. It was 11:30.

"Oh no! We are going to be late!" I gulped the breakfast I made. Unfortunately it was cold. Whatever! We'll be having lunch soon anyways! "Let me get changed real quick!" I ran up to my room. I didn't even wait for Naomi to come along. My heart was thumping again. Why do I keep feeling this? I placed my hand on my heart. Where is this feelings coming from? I looked over to a small picture strip on my desk. I reached for it until Naomi called out for me. Oh no! I'm going to be late! I put on the closest thing to me. A pink dress with a grey cardigan. I shrug. Sure, why not. I put them on quickly, grabbed a small bag that held my Clow cards and ran out the door.

》Penguin Park《

Naomi and I casually walked to the park. Thankfully it wasn't a long walk from my house. We arrived with a few minuted to spare, but we both noticed Skai was already waiting. He wore his usual battle costume, the one we would use for capturing cards. So I felt bad that Naomi didn't have an outfit ready for me. From what I recalled, she was still working on the one she had back at my house. So I wasn't going to have a costume this time around. Just my simple pink dress and cardigan. Oh man! He's early. I sighed. I really did not like being late, though it was still ten minutes before our initial meeting time. "Skai-kun!" I shouted at him with a wave. He jumped from fright and turned. He saw me first so he waved and flashed a small smile. Then Naomi came into his view and he looked confused for a second. He only nodded to her and she chuckled. I look at her and see she had her phone out. "Naomi, you're recording?" She nodded.