Chapter 4

" safe haven  "

Today was the day that my life would change . I looked at the view from our pent house in New Orleans . after our flight I went over my plan a million times.
I  did nothing wrong all day and due to the fact that dean was around , he wouldn't hit me anyways . I looked, at him sleeping. Three years of abuse , blood shed & tears . meaningless I love you's and broken lies and promises , miscarriages and hate . I looked at the man I once loved , cared, adored and I've never seen a stranger look so familiar . he caused so much pain and suffering in my young life that I couldn't imagine ever putting all my trust and love in a man. 

I zipped up my black jacket and pulled my black hat over the top of my wild curls. I grabbed my bags but dropped them quickly .

There he was sitting up at the end, of the bed .

" where are you going?" I swallowed and looked at him fearfully.  " I was going..to do a little washing I packed some dirty things accidentally" I smiled. He nodded

" are you trying to leave me? " he got up . I backed up towards the glass window . " look William ..I can't do this anymore " I cryed .

He laughed " BITCH YOU WANNA LEAVE?!"

he grabbed me and I tried fighting him off me " YOU WANNA LEAVE ME? LETS GO"  he Started punching and slapping me all over the place .
" William stop!" I screamed and kicked .

He opened the patio , and grabbed me by my neck and put  my head back over the balcony .

"YOU WANNA LEAVE ME?!"

" NO!" I CRYED "STOP !  STOP!" I CRYED

I started punching and kicking him and I hit him right in the eye .

He let me go and I ran inside the house coughing . next thing I know he grabbed me by the back of my hair .
"bitch you hit me ",

I grunted and grabbed the lamp off the post and hit him in the head .

Boom!

He fell instantly . I looked at him and grabbed my hair .

I Calmed down and listened to his heart beat . he was alive I ran out the house no clothes , no shoes , a ripped shirt and a bruised neck & face. I ran as fast as I could with tears flowing everywhere . I ran past everyone asking me was I okay , or I did I need help . I ran like I would never run again . I ran through the suburban part of town . I stopped in the middle if the street and looked around not knowing what my next move was . I saw a light from a car . I ran behind the bush and waited for it to leave . soon a man came out the house , he walked up to the car and leaned on the car . he was tall and had a whole bunch of tattoos . I stepped on a leaf a and it cracked loudly.  He turned around and pulled out a gun from his waist. 

He told the unknown person in the car he walked towards my bush , and my heart started beating .
"comon' out na ".  I hesitated not wanting to move .

" I'm not gon say it again" . I stood up shaking and he put his gun up . " you ight?" He asked.  I couldn't talk , I didn't notice how beautiful he was , he was very beautiful .

"Comere I'm not gon hurt you baybeh ". his voice vibration was soft unlike it was at first ,heartless and cold  .

I walked out and he looked at me like he was looking into my soul. He was really intimidating .

" are you ok ma?" I looked down suddenly seeing the blood all over my shirt . " y-yes I'm fine "

He looked at my shirt and back at my face . " what happened ta you?" . I had briefly forgot that I was battered . "comere I'm not gone hurt you . ya needs ta get cleaned up " 

He told his friend something and he drove away . I didn't know this man from a can of paint and he was being so nice .

" mama  I'm not gon ta hurt you just let me clean you up . "

I looked at him and I somehow believed him . I limped over towards the side walk and he looked at me with sorrow .

" can pick you up?" I looked uncertain I didn't know what was it that made me believe he wouldn't hurt me.  I nodded . he softly picked me up in his arms . his touch made me tense up and gave me this really funny feeling.

" ya wanna tell me ya name? " I heard him say . I just looked down at the concrete . he begin to walk .

" I understand , you aine gotta talk right na . "

" but my name august ."

it was something about this man. A trust that I've never had before before .