Chapter 3: Keep Your Mouth Shut

excuse the mistakes guys! Natalie in the mm. 

happy reading! 

Chapter Three: Keep Your Mouth Shut

Kellen

"You're who?" I asked, blinking rapidly.

"Nami's sister," the girl, Natalie, responded.

"I didn' know Nami had a sister." I rubbed the back of my head. I slightly shook my head side to side. This was a lot to take in.

"We honestly just found out we were sisters." Her mood suddenly changed. "I hate she was taken from me so soon. I know she wasn't the best but she was my sister and I loved her." She looked down at her feet and started playing with her fingers.

I sighed heavily. "Look, is there any particular reason you wanted to meet me?" I felt the sudden need to change the subject.

Her eyes lit up. "Yes, actually. I was wondering if I could come see Amir. He's like the only part of Nami that I have left."

I nodded in understanding. She was technically Amir's aunt. I stepped back and slowly raised my eyebrow.

"Now how do I know you're really Nami's sister? I need to see some identification." I held my hand out.

She lightly chuckled. "Are you serious?"

"As I heart attack."

Letting out a nervous chuckle, she began digging around in her purse for something. She pulled out a small red wallet, and retrieved her driver's license. Etched across the top was 'Natalie Chong'. It was true they had the same last name, and looked damn near identical so I had no choice, but to believe her.

"You can come see Amir, but you can only see him under my supervision. I don't know you like that." I bluntly told her.

She nodded her head. "I guess I can respect that."

"When would you like to see him?" I asked while glancing over at Tahj who was more wrapped up in my conversation than closing up the shop.

"Today," she shrugged. "if that's possible."

I ran a hand down my face. "I don't know about that. I'll have to call wifey and see if that's okay with her."

"Yeah, okay." She replied with a hint of attitude.

I shrugged her off, and pulled out my phone to call Ivy. It rang about four times before she answered the phone.

"Yes Kellen?"

I sighed sensing the attitude in her tone.

"Baby I'm sorry. I was in the middle of closing up the shop when something came up." I explained.

"Something like?" she questioned.

I let out a sigh once again. "Nami has a sister baby. She wants to see Amir."

"Excuse me?" I could hear the rise in her pitch, causing me to inwardly groan. I knew she wasn't going to take this well.

"I mean, she is Amir's aunt, and he is the only piece of her sister she has left."

"Amir is your son Kellen, I really don't have an opinion of importance." She mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "C'mon Ivy, don't start that shit."