Chapter 28: The Beginning of Forever

Ivy

"No! No! No!" I whined out in frustration.

It was the night before my wedding, and guess where my wedding dress was? Not here. The bridal boutique told me it was be back from fitting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday night. The time was now 9:00p.m. on Thursday night! How was I going to get married without a wedding dress? How could I walk down the aisle and marry the man of my dreams without a dress?

"It's OK, Ivy. Everything will be OK, maybe they're just stuck in traffic." Caya tried to comfort me.

Her efforts were in vain as I was still not satisfied. Actually, if I was being honest with myself I really wanted to just slap her for even coming up with a lame excuse like that. My dress wouldn't be here before tomorrow and she knew it.

"OK Caya," I rolled my eyes, lifting a perfectly manicured nail to her face. "You know just like I do that they are not stuck in damn traffic. If you were as good a Maid of Honor as you were dicksucker you'd be trying to find out what happened to my dress!" I snapped at her.

Everyone's mouth literally dropped to the floor. I honestly didn't care. The most important day of my life was about to be ruined, and they were all worried about me calling Caya out on her oral skills.

"Ivanna Burgos! That is enough!" Mama yelled at me.

I bit my lip to keep from saying anything out of the way to her. Pregnant or not, one day away from my wedding or not, I knew better than to smart off to her. She would knock me so far into next week, and I couldn't afford to miss my wedding.

Almost instantly I began crying. These mood swings were really going to be the death of me.

"I just want everything to be perfect," I managed to get out in between sobs.

Was it truly too much for a girl to ask for? All I wanted was to wear the white, mermaid-style gown with diamonds with the lace overlay and tulle bottom. I wanted the entire room to turn in awe as I walked down the aisle to marry the man that just so happened to steal my heart with no intentions of ever returning it. Was that too much for a pregnant woman to ask for?

"Everything will be perfect baby, but you've got to calm down. You cannot go around disrespecting your family and friends because everything is not going your way. You owe Caya an apology," she scolded me as if I was some 12-year-old girl. She was right though. I should apologize to Caya.

"I'm sorry Cay," I mumbled looking down at my hands that were crossed together. The tears came faster than I could blink. I was almost positive I looked a mess.

My makeup that had been so flawlessly done for my rehearsal dinner was now ruined. I'm sure my eyes were red and puffy, and my nose was running like a sick toddler.

"How about you get some rest baby? We will take care of everything. I assure you when you wake up everything will be taken care of." Mama stood up from her position on the couch, and ushered me up the stairs.

I started to protest, but as I ascended up the staircase I realized just how fatigued my body was. Today had been a long day, and for a five month pregnant woman, I'd say I did a great job of keeping up with everyone.

My hand instinctively went to my stomach as I thought about my babygirl. A small smile played on my face as I imaged what she'd look like, what she would sound like, what she'd be in life. Having a child was truly a beautiful thing. And finding out I was having a girl was probably one of the most exciting moments of my life. Up until my visit Kellen had been walking around talking to my stomach saying, "Hey Man Man" just automatically assuming he was having another boy. The look on his face when the doctor revealed we were having a baby girl was priceless. For a moment it seemed as if he was rigid with shock. He stood motionless staring at the small screen that displayed a picture of our babygirl, no greater than the size of an egg. After what seemed like an eternity his lips parted, but no sound came out. His eyes glossed over with tears and they spilled out like a damn broke way. His tears of course caused a few of my own. The joy in his eyes was undeniable. He was truly happy to be sharing this moment with me, as I with him.