Chapter 6: Back Against the Wall

Ivy

"You did what?" I screamed at Caya as my mouth dropped to the floor. She had just told me about how Tahj almost caught us, so she lied and told him she was pregnant.

She shrugged while looking around the room. "I panicked okay? I didn't know what else to say and that was the first thing to come out."

I looked on at her stupidly. "But of all the things to think of Cay, pregnancy? You knew he was going to be excited. How do you plan on telling him you're not really pregnant?"

She didn't say anything. "Oh no!" I shook my head. "Please don't tell me you're thinking of really getting pregnant."

She nodded. "I mean if he thinks I'm already pregnant I see no reason why he should pull out. Then I'd really end up pregnant." She seemed so convinced that this was a good idea that I almost wanted to smack the sh*t out of her.

"You've got to be freaking kidding me. You are not ready for another child Caya, you already have two!" I shouted.

"I've raised one baby before Ivy, I'm sure this will be a piece of cake."

I shook my head. "It's not. What about your career? I'm sure you don't want to live off of Tahj forever. What about culinary school?"

She shrugged once again, before taking a sip of her drink. "I don't know, I'll just go whenever the baby is old enough."

I groaned while rubbing my temples. "Sometimes you do the dumbest sh*t Caya."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" she asked with an attitude.

"Exactly what I said! You do some dumb shit. You don't think anything through before you do it, you just jump in head first and leave me to figure out the rest."

She folded her arms across her chest and leaned back in her seat. "Well tell me how you really feel, Ivy." She scoffed.

"All of this is your fault Caya!" I lowered my voice. "You just had to take it too far and kill the b*tch. Now not only have you destroyed my relationship, you've killed yours as well, because as soon as Tahj finds out you're lying he's going to leave your ass high and dry."

Caya looked taken aback by everything I was saying but it was about time I expressed myself. She knew it was her fault we were in this mess, and honestly she was probably just as afraid as me.

"It's not my fault," she mumbled looking down at the table.

"It is Caya, stop running away from the truth. One of us has to be the voice of reason in this partnership, and it's me. We need to stop lying to everyone and just tell the truth. Natalie knows Cay. She threatened me, I either have to pay her 10 grand cash, or she'll tell Kellen. I can't cough up that kind of cash without him growing suspicious so I just have to be honest."

Tears slowly started to fall down Caya's cheek, catching me by surprise. Caya wasn't a crier, so to see her crying right now definitely had me worried.

"Tahj is going to hate me, Ivy."

I nodded understanding her pain. "And how do you think Kellen is going to feel about me?"

She nodded, sympathy feeling her eyes. It hurt me to my core to know that my life was going to change drastically, but I had to tell Kellen the truth before Natalie got a chance to.

"When do we tell them?" she asked.

I let out a sigh before responding. "Tomorrow."

Kellen