Chapter 17: I'll Always Love You

Ivy

"Kellen, what the hell was that earlier today?" I wasted no time asking him as I closed the door behind me.

The last few of our guests, which happened to be Aria and Jinsu, had just left. After the fiasco with Natalie and Kellen's mom, Kellen and Snipe dismissed themselves. We continued on Amir's party a little while longer before calling it a night. Kellen and Snipe had just gotten back in the house, and Snipe had gone upstairs to get ready for bed. Mama and Justin had also turned in not too long ago. Amir was bathed and ready to go to sleep, so that just left Kellen and I sitting in the living room.

He ran a hand down his face before sighing, "I really don't want to talk about it Ivy."

I pursed my lips together, "I really wish I could respect that Kellen, but I can't. We've known each other all this time, and you haven't once told me about your family. Now, all of a sudden your mom shows up, you completely disrespect her, and then tell me you don't want to talk about it?"

I could see the irritation all over his face, but he had another thing coming if he thought I was just gonna forget about this. There was something serious going on between Kellen and his mother.

"Ivy, what the fuck did I just say?" He groaned while rubbing his temples.

"I know what you said," I mumbled, arms folded across my chest.

"Then don't keep fucking asking me about it!" He snapped. His hands balled into fists at his side, and his breathing grew heavier. "That's your problem right there! You just don't know when to let shit go!" He shouted, jumping up from his seat on the couch.

I slightly jumped at the sound of his voice. Regaining my composure, I cleared my throat as I slowly approached him. My hand reached out and gently touched his chest.

"No," I shook my head. "That's your problem Kellen. You always think you're going through something alone when you're not. I love you Kellen." I said softly. "Your problems are my problems, when you hurt I hurt. I know this is hurting you, and it's hurting me to see how bad it's tearing you apart. So please, just talk to me."

I could see the pain written all over his face. At first glance, it appeared as if he was angry, but I knew Kellen well enough to know that that's how he masked his pain. He would appear to be this strong, angry person when deep down he was just hurting badly. My heart lurched as I watched his eyebrows furrow together and his lips twist to the side. His eyes began glossy, but he refused to let any tears fall.

I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso, and just hugged him. I kissed his chest through his t-shirt as I moved my hands up and down his back in a soothing manner.

"It's okay baby. I'm here," I whispered into his chest. "How about you stay over tonight? We don't have to talk if you don't want to. I'll just hold you."

He didn't say anything, but by the way he tightened his grip on me I knew I had my answer. I released his body and grabbed his hand, leading him upstairs to the bedroom we once shared.

Kellen

I closed my eyes as I kicked the door shut behind me. I sighed making my way over to the bed. I sat down next to Ivy and rubbed my temples. I honestly didn't want to have this question. It had been years since I talked to my mother, and a good minute since I'd even thought of her. Clearly it was a real touchy subject for me. Ivy reached out and rubbed small circles on my back.

"It's okay baby," she said softly. "Take your time."

Sighing, I laid back on the bed and pulled Ivy down with me. She rested her head against my shoulder as I played with her hair. Taking a deep breath I recounted one of the darkest moments of my life.