Chapter 5: What Were You Expecting?

Ivy

"Baby, I gotta go run and finish up some last minute paperwork for the club, are you gone be alright here or do y'all wanna roll with me?" Kellen asked as he came out of our bathroom buttoning up his shirt.

I shook my head while turning towards him. "No, I'll stay here and watch Amir. Caya and Aria are supposed to be stopping by anyway."

He nodded and walked over to the bed. After placing a kiss on my cheek, he kissed Amir, and then neared our bedroom door.

"I'll see you when I get back. I love you." He paused and looked over his shoulder. "Oh yeah, Natalie is supposed to be stopping by to see Mir again. I should be back before then, though."

I inwardly rolled by eyes and simply nodded. I hadn't had much interaction with Natalie, but she just rubbed me the wrong way. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something about her screamed snake.

Kellen left out of the room, and I listened for the front door to shut before turning to Amir.

"I guess it's just me and you once again, Babyboy." I smiled down at him. He cooed in response while spitting out little bubbles. I let out a slight laugh at my own before scooping him off the bed and leaving out of the room.

I decided to make myself something to eat since Amir had already eaten and I would have a few moments to myself for a while. I placed him in his swing and made my way over to the fridge. Deciding on making a fruit salad, I pulled out some strawberries, grapes, apples, and blueberries.

I grabbed a bowl out the cabinets and set it on the counter to make the salad. No sooner than I started placing everything in the bowl, the doorbell rang. Assuming it was Caya, I stopped what I was doing and walked to the door. I swung the door open to reveal none other than Natalie.

I rolled my eyes and stepped to the side allowing her to come in. She lightly brushed past my shoulder, and I had to bite my lip and remind myself she was Amir's aunt.

"Kellen isn't here," I stated as I walked behind her into the kitchen. "Amir is in the kitchen in his swing, and he already ate so try not to get him too hyped up. He needs to be going to sleep soon."

Natalie didn't even turn around to acknowledge the fact that I was talking to her. She simply nodded her head and kept walking into the kitchen to retrieve Amir.

Rolling my eyes, I walked back over to my unfinished fruit salad. I just decided to pay her no mind and continue fixing my food. Once I was done, I placed everything back in the fridge and turned around to find Natalie staring right at me. I raised my eyebrow and shot her a confused look.

"Anything you want to say?" I asked with much attitude.

She just continued to look on, and eventually her lips turned up into a smirk.

"Okay, what the f*ck are you looking at?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest.

She stared at me a moment longer before speaking. "I know it was you."

And just like that my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "Wh-what are you talking about?" I hoped my face hadn't given away anything, because I was trying my best to play it cool.

"Oh don't act all dumbfounded with me. I know it was you that killed Nami." She said looking right at me.

I found myself growing uncomfortable under her gaze, so I looked away.