Chapter 13: Man to Man

Kellen

I decided to get to the shop earlier than usual the next morning. I didn't need Tahj hopping on my back about anything else, and besides I just needed the time to think. I sat down in my barber's chair and replayed the events of the past few days over in my mind.

Seeing Ivy was like, I don't even know how to describe it honestly. She looked damned good without, as much as that pains me to admit. She actually looked like she was enjoying herself with Jinsu and that's what pissed me off the most. I used to be the one to make her smile like that. Not some lame ass orange nigga in a velvet tuxedo.

A knock at the door pulled me out my thoughts, and I looked up to see none other than Jumanji coming through the door. Speak of the orangutan devil. My blood instantly boiled as I took in his attire, I should've locked the fucking door.

"What the f*ck do you want?" I spat, standing up ready to square up with him.

He held his hands up in surrender, "I don't want any trouble man. I just came to talk...man to man."

"I really don't want to hear shit you have to saw nigga. I think you did enough talking the other night." I rolled my eyes, ready for him to say something stupid so I could knock his Kumbya looking ass out.

"Well that's what I came to talk about," he explained. "Ivy and I are just friends."

I kissed my teeth. "Nigga you think I'm stupid? Friends don't dance like that, I seen the way you was feeling her up." I said trying to hold back my anger. Flashbacks of seeing Juwanna Man feeling up and down my woman had me seething with anger.

"Okay maybe they don't, but that doesn't change the fact that Ivy and I are truly just friends."

"And then nigga you're so fucked up for the shit you pulled. You're my realtor! You knew that was my club, and you knew it was named Poison Ivy. I know you brought her there just to rub that shit in my face!" Now I was just waiting on him to get wrong so I could beat his ass.

"How the hell was I supposed to know y'all knew each other? You never mentioned her and she never mentioned you! I was just trying to show her a good time, as a friend should!" He shouted.

I looked off behind me, because I knew wasn't no way in heeeeeeelllll his ass was talking to me.

"I'ma need you to bring it down a few notches, cause I been itching to hit yo ass since you stepped foot in the door."

James Brown stood up straight and looked me square in the eye. "Kellen, I understand that you are upset, but you will not talk to me as if I'm a child. I'm trying to be the bigger person and talk like civilized men. I sincerely apologize for coming into your club and disrespecting you. Honestly, if the roles had been reversed I would be upset too, which is why I'm trying to set the record straight. Ivy and I are just friends she has made it clear on multiple occasions that she is still in love with you and always will be."

I tried damn hard not to smile at that, but I know I was grinning like a fool. Ivy had told him she still loved me? Well, I suspected she did since I was the one that left her, but it felt good to hear him say it.

Instantly my mood changed and I felt f*cked up for even coming at him sideways. I felt worse for blowing up on Ivy the way I did.

I looked down before glancing back up at Jinsu. "My bad man. I know it must've taken a lot for you to come up here talk to me knowing how pissed off I was. I respect that."

He nodded. "Now you and Ivy probably need to talk. She didn't tell me exactly what happened, but it's tearing her up man."

It was my turn to nod. I'd been so consumed in my anger and hurt I didn't even think about how all this must've been affecting Ivy. It was sad it took another nigga that could've possibly taken my spot to come and tell me all of this.